What don't you like about iOS 7?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that iOS 7 has been out for a while, and we've read many threads about what you like and dislike about it, I wanted to focus SOLELY on what you dislike about iOS 7. I'll start:

1. I don't like the fact that it still does not allow me to quickly scroll to the bottom of the screen in the manner it allows me to quickly go to the top.
2. I don't like the fact that it still does not have a select-all and delete-all in all areas.
3. I don't like the fact that it took away the tap to tweet function.

Alright, what about you?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't like that they took away "tap to tweet" and "tap to post" from notification center plus how they changed how weather is shown in notification center and the location services requirement for weather in notification center to even be shown.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you two I actually found the "tap to post" in notification center rather useful. The Facebook app it's self is beyond slow trying to launch the app much less posting anything. I also miss the way weather was displayed in Notification Center. I've always found it frustrating how there was never a way to scroll to the bottom of the page the same as it is to get to the top.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
To be honest. I am not a fan of the look of the icons.
The layout. And the fact you cannot hide apps you're not using unless you drag them into a folder. To me, it looks cluttered.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty easy going as far as iOS 7 goes...I like it overall as a whole......BUT. I hate, haTE, HATE that Apple took away the all day notification that used to show in the NC center :'(. I relied on that ALOT....and now it's gone.... :( BOOOOOO !! ::stamping feet walking away::

Lol. #'hate'rantover

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
1. The wallpaper zoom BS. I understand why it is the way it is, but I don't like it.

2. How the keyboard is white in some apps and not others.

3. That I can't turn off parallax without turning off zoom.

That's all I can think of for now. Will post if I think of more.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As long as people are talking about the icons they don't like... I don't like the photos app icon cause to me it makes no sense

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

anon(8221395)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you two I actually found the "tap to post" in notification center rather useful. The Facebook app it's self is beyond slow trying to launch the app much less posting anything. I also miss the way weather was displayed in Notification Center. I've always found it frustrating how there was never a way to scroll to the bottom of the page the same as it is to get to the top.

I also miss those buttons. So convenient. Have you tried the drafts app? It's the best replacement for that feature with a bunch of other options. I love it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't like more than a few of the new icons, but I have gotten used to them. I also don't like the way the calendar app is now. I liked the old one much better.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Also that the home button takes you to an open folder and not home. Hate that. It's a home button. Not a back button.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Although I have only used 7 on my iPad Mini (I refuse to update my 4s), I extremely dislike that 7 has slowed it down tremendously. App switching is slower then ever, and some apps even crash or take about 3 minutes before they are usable. I have a lot of games on there for my 4 year old, but teaching him to have patience is impossible while using the Mini.

No Weather images, icons, colors, and attempt at simplicity bother me as well.

I still dig 6 and will use it until some mentioned changes are made.

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't like more than a few of the new icons, but I have gotten used to them. I also don't like the way the calendar app is now. I liked the old one much better.

Couldn't agree more. I use Cal by Any.do and haven't looked back. And the icons, ugh, they're so inconsistent with one another. Some are just plain ugly. I honestly don't understand the design language -- if there even is one -- with the icons.

Another thing about iOS 7 is not being able to use third party apps as default apps. If I could, I'd love for anything that would normally open up Mail, would open up Gmail. Heck, maybe if I hold down the home button, it could open up the Google Search app over Siri. Or maybe getting a choice to use Google over Bing. Little things like this could make things so much better for me.

anon(8221395)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Although I have only used 7 on my iPad Mini (I refuse to update my 4s), I extremely dislike that 7 has slowed it down tremendously. App switching is slower then ever, and some apps even crash or take about 3 minutes before they are usable. I have a lot of games on there for my 4 year old, but teaching him to have patience is impossible while using the Mini.

No Weather images, icons, colors, and attempt at simplicity bother me as well.

I still dig 6 and will use it until some mentioned changes are made.

I had the same issue with my 4s after upgrading to iOS 7. Finally I did an erase all content and settings and now it runs much much smoother. I say give it a try. It is definitely worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yufengxing089