1. Too much white. I almost dread when apps get redesigned for ios 7 or basically whited out. The UI was made even worse. At least we got a few useful features thrown in though like control center.
    2. Laggy multitasking taskswitcher. If you're going to rip off Palm, then do it better, not worse.
    3. Notification center. Still pretty close to useless
    4. Photo app got worse.
    5. On the ipad, it's a worse experience than iOS 6. Lag, stuttering, uses more RAM, can't rely on multitasking because of constant refreshing. It's a shame considering the ipads experienced great hardware changes.

All in all, it's a bad year to upgrade to 64bit hardware/software in the first attempt (although the touchID on the 5S is quite good and perhaps the best reason to upgrade if you do). This is a good year actually to bypass buying an iOS device and wait til iOS 8 refines a lot of this.

I returned a 5S and finally both new ipads. Sticking with last year's 32bit experiences. But on the positive side, I did pick up a rMPB 13" for my first Mac. That's definitely a much better experience and what feels like a much better value vs a current ipad.

iOS 8 along with doubling the resolution resulting in larger screens will be interesting. Next year will be very important for Apple.
    12-10-2013 11:45 AM
    1. Too much white. I almost dread when apps get redesigned for ios 7 or basically whited out. The UI was made even worse. At least we got a few useful features thrown in though like control center.
    I agree with you here, there is entirely too much white in iOS 7 now
    erikbock likes this.
    12-10-2013 12:19 PM
    i don't like how it takes longer for the lock screen to show up when i wake up my phone. i feel like it used to be almost instant and now i feel like it takes a good second for the lock screen to finally show up
    12-10-2013 12:41 PM
    i don't like how it takes longer for the lock screen to show up when i wake up my phone. i feel like it used to be almost instant and now i feel like it takes a good second for the lock screen to finally show up
    Mine is instant, but I'll pay closer attention to it to see if I notice what you've been experiencing.
    12-10-2013 03:02 PM
    I agree with you two I actually found the "tap to post" in notification center rather useful. The Facebook app it's self is beyond slow trying to launch the app much less posting anything. I also miss the way weather was displayed in Notification Center. I've always found it frustrating how there was never a way to scroll to the bottom of the page the same as it is to get to the top.
    I'm with you on the weather displayed in Notification Center.
    12-11-2013 08:43 AM
    I'll preface this by saying that I use iOS7 only on my Mini, so perhaps some of the functionality of iOS7 is lost by not using it on an iPhone...

what I dont like about iOS7:

1. notification center. simply a waste of space that you cant' customize
    2. lack of customization for the control center. Should call it the semi-control center
    3. forced lack of zoom in or out when trying to scale an image to use as a wallpaper...
    4. notification center. what is so special about this? I just can't figure out why this is so popular. I must be missing something. I have a calendar event (which is a three day event) but my 'notification center' says I have no events scheduled for tomorrow. fail!

I love the concept of Control Center but the implementation is lacking. There are functions in it that I just don't use and I would love to be able to change them to my personal preference.

Seems to me that Apple always lacks behind in this area. Look how long it took them to give you the ability to put on your own ringtones for notification. That being said I'm sure this will eventually come.
    12-11-2013 08:49 AM
81 ... 234