What don't you like about iOS 7?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
IT'S SOOOOOO WHITE!! lol. Everywhere I look, it's just empty and white. I want to be able to change that.. make things darker in the system like how some apps allow you to make them darker.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I love everything about iOS 7 I just wish they could add a few more features into the software. A way to use the touch iD more than just a fingerprint sensor, a darker theme with the phone. Or actually an option to choose many different themes. Maybe some camera options like the way the S4 has. It's a great software and way better than the iOS 6 but adding just a few things would make it better.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Parallax motion. The new app switcher; if you don't swipe up at pretty much a 90 degree angle it doesn't flick away the app. Also most of the time if you try to flick away more than one at a time only one of them goes away; the preview goes but the icon remains and you have to flick up again. Finally, where is this full multitasking? Every app but tweetbot still appears to multi-task the same as iOS 6 and prior.

I also think it's too bright and white. The new dark theme for tweetbot3 is epic. I have just about every app that has the option in dark theme mode.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did. I have been using it for the last couple weeks and I love it. It is.......fantastic.
I just wish it had a live date like the stock app instead of a badge.

I agree, the date badge is the only thing I don't like about it. Other than that, it is a great app. 😊

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did. I have been using it for the last couple weeks and I love it. It is.......fantastic.
I just wish it had a live date like the stock app instead of a badge.

Yep, that's the only reason I keep the stock calendar app in the top right corner. I get the feeling that Fantastical would have done it if it were possible. I've only ever seen 3rd party apps use the badge, so I'm assuming it's something that is limited to stock apps. If that's true, then that's another thing that bothers me about iOS 7. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Too much white! It gets kind of annoying and straining to the eye after some use.
Another thing that bothers me is that I can't get to choose the color(s) of my folders. Some of the wallpapers that I like, I can't use since the resulting folder color isn't to my liking.
Last, is the inability to customize the Control Center. Don't really use Calculator & Timer that much.

Rn.mesal

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
What I don't like about iOS 7 is the color bar at the bottom of the dock, most of the pastel colors, and that iOS 7 seems to be created for the white iPhone. No dark theme for the black iPhone. And in general apples lackluster core apps (ie Calender, Notes etc.) which in my opinion SHOULD be the standard to which all other apps follow. I WANT to use apple apps however I like most, navigate them to a cage where they sit in a dark basement know as "the last screen".

RxRex

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from Android so, my opinion may be skewed...

1.) Reboots - my iPhone 5s reboots at an alarming rate. I restored the OS and the reboots slowed down in pace. I'm now averaging two a day
2.) Animations - it seemed as if 7.0.3 eliminated the slow zoom animations for apps and then brought it back for 7.0.4. Hate it
3.) Lack of defaults/intents - if I'm in my photo gallery, I'd like to be able to simply send a photo of my choosing to the app of my choosing. I'd also like to set Mailbox or Gmail as my system default mail app
4.) Icons

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
The bugs like the apple logo crash which seems to respring the springboard. Happened to me a lot of times on my previous iPhone 5 and now on my 5s

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't like that the fact that you can't set location based reminders using Siri and that if you kill the reminders app from the background, reminders don't work.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
The bugs
- reboots
- Siri not work 1/4 of the time
- apple apps crashing
- alarms sometimes not going off

No more tap to post

Inefficient weather info in notifications

The backgrounds for folders

Overall I love it but the bugs remind me too much of my old android phones (which is why I left android) however I know its a very large update so I have no problem waiting it out.

I've owned an iphone 5 and 5s and had these problems on both (though the rebooting seems to happen more since getting the 5s)

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
No syncing of deleted notifications between devices
No DnD weekend mode
No all day setting for Reminders.
Good Luck

I thought ios 7 was supposed to sync deleted notifications??? Either way it doesn't seem to or if it does it doesn't always do it because I find myself deleting things I've already deleted on my phone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from Android so, my opinion may be skewed...

1.) Reboots - my iPhone 5s reboots at an alarming rate. I restored the OS and the reboots slowed down in pace. I'm now averaging two a day
2.) Animations - it seemed as if 7.0.3 eliminated the slow zoom animations for apps and then brought it back for 7.0.4. Hate it
3.) Lack of defaults/intents - if I'm in my photo gallery, I'd like to be able to simply send a photo of my choosing to the app of my choosing. I'd also like to set Mailbox or Gmail as my system default mail app
4.) Icons

The bugs
- reboots
- Siri not work 1/4 of the time
- apple apps crashing
- alarms sometimes not going off

No more tap to post

Inefficient weather info in notifications

The backgrounds for folders

Overall I love it but the bugs remind me too much of my old android phones (which is why I left android) however I know its a very large update so I have no problem waiting it out.

I've owned an iphone 5 and 5s and had these problems on both (though the rebooting seems to happen more since getting the 5s)

This reboot thing I haven't experienced at all even rarely when running the betas on my 5. Might want to check in at the Apple Store and get them replaced.

Also most of what I don't like about iOS 7 has already been stated but for me still it's light years ahead of Android no matter what the Android faithful say.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that's the only reason I keep the stock calendar app in the top right corner. I get the feeling that Fantastical would have done it if it were possible. I've only ever seen 3rd party apps use the badge, so I'm assuming it's something that is limited to stock apps. If that's true, then that's another thing that bothers me about iOS 7. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I know. A third party app with any live changing number, etc. will never happen with iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods