iOS 7.1 BETA available - Post your bugs here

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Non dev I dfu back to 7.0.4. I have white so the dark keypad, Don't do it for me. Did not see any speed improvement. Happy thanksgiving 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow the speed difference on ios 7.1. Going back to 7.0.4.
7.1 has performance

It may have performance, but iOS 6 performance still blows 7.1 out of the water. My jailbroken 4S on iOS 6 has performance. Opens apps quicker and exits apps quicker. Apple needs to address this.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I installed on my ipad 3 wifi and the new notification sounds are all there. Apple must be focussing on ipad on this 1st beta. iPad runs better than my iPhone 5.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what the "darken colors" toggle under settings -> general -> accessibility -> increase contrast is suppose to do? Cause I don't see any changes anywhere

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386344658.992850.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
First bug I've noticed is that my data continues to drop to edge. Im in a great 4G area and great LTE area, and I never get edge until now. Besides that, I was out last night and got "no service" for about 15 minutes. I kept toggling air plane mode, and the LTE switch until it came back fully.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Alex Blaha

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
On my 4S. Beta seems glitchy at times. Dark keyboard sometimes start regular and then goes dark. The text tones are all classic default. Had a couple resprings. Battery life is terrible. All I can think of atm.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 BETA available

Outstanding very excited a .1 release Apple is in Overdrive

Caution do not attempt to download this release it's a Dev Beta release so leave it to the knowledgable members that know what there doing this is not an official update for the Masses

Sent from my iPhone 5

What he said.

FibiMC

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Ran iOS7.1 beta on my i5:

Pro: Running iOS is much faster, such as animations, opening apps. Seems like the efficiency of RAM utility is better than former versions.

Cons:

1. The Videos Player cannot remember the position you paused last time if you close the App for a long time;
2. Text Tone is always Tri-tone whatever you set to another or not;
3. Sometimes the remote control of the earphone would occasionally break down. It can resume after restart;
4. Open the Camera at the lock screen >> Open the Camera Roll >> Slide up the control center >> Open the Calculator or Clock >> Respring definitely; (that bug also exists in iOS 7.0.4)
5. The Chrome App is not doing well and always crashes a few seconds after you open it;
6. Sometimes the screen would be frozen and you can do nothing but hard close.

P.S.: I am not sure if everybody here meet that bug in iOS 7.0.x official version, which is -

After you running the device for a long time, and many apps are staying in the multi-tasking background. Then you open the multi-tasking, slide the Apps to the last one, then press the Home button. It should be that all the Apps flicked and go back to the home screen. At last and the disgusting, the device would occasionally respring (Suddenly Apple logo and seconds later go to the lock screen).

Also, I have done a test and found about 102 different apps can simultaneously stay in the multi-tasking background. That means when you open the 103rd app, the first one would be kicked out of the background. But at that point, when you open the multi-tasking, there is much chance that the device will respring.

That BUG is annoying me very much. That is the only reason I don't like iOS 7 so far.

My guess is the respring is caused by overflow of the RAM. Fortunately, I didn't meet that annoying bug when I was using the iOS 7.1 beta. The efficiency of the RAM utility is allegedly improved on iOS 7.1, so I guess I will never meet with that bug when iOS 7.1 officially release, hopefully.

(First time here to post a reply, hope someone read this and get me back :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice