iOS 7.1 BETA available - Post your bugs here

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 BETA available

iHave the iPhone 5s

Con's

-Bluetooth isn't working well (Had a couple re-springs while on calls)
-My pebble watch now has a delay when receiving messages (Bluetooth related)
-Could not change my alarm tone or sms tone (They were stuck on default tone regardless of what was selected)
-My phone would toggle back to 4G while on a call and take a long time to switch back to LTE

Pro's

- My Batter life did improve
-Touch ID worked much better!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

So, someone can post some battery life/usage pictures?
And please, tell here which device you use to see which device has improved performance/battery life/whatever on 7.1b1 and which is more buggy/has worse battery life and if there are any differences.
I think that would be better...

it's beta.. so there could be great results now but not so great once 7.1 official drops or vice versa

tomklyn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Check out the status bar at the top randomly appears still hasn't been fixed
hyte3a3y.jpg

Sent from my 5s

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

After 2 days, my battery life is excellent. Only thing I have encountered is the tone bug. And its getting to be more annoying as the days pass.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Check out the status bar at the top randomly appears still hasn't been fixed
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/21/hyte3a3y.jpg

Sent from my 5s

It's actually not random at all. There's only 1 sequence of actions which causes this to happen.

1. Open any App.
2. Whilst in the App, open up the multi-tasking (double tap home button)
3. In multi-tasking, close the App (flick it up) that you opened in step 1.

At this point, the status icons at the top will appear.

Try it, and let me know if this is the case for you too.

gogurt48

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

It's actually not random at all. There's only 1 sequence of actions which causes this to happen.

1. Open any App.
2. Whilst in the App, open up the multi-tasking (double tap home button)
3. In multi-tasking, close the App (flick it up) that you opened in step 1.

At this point, the status icons at the top will appear.

Try it, and let me know if this is the case for you too.

Yep, it happened just as you said.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Is there a known bug/issue with iTunes not syncing Apps via wifi sync? Or a beta iTunes for this?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Is there a noticeable increase in battery life? I'm really interested in seeing some usage stats

I only have it on my iPod touch currently and so far it's about the same as iOS 7.0.x versions. I'm not putting it on my 4S yet cause I'm getting a 5S at some point and my 4S is going to someone else.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I only have it on my iPod touch currently and so far it's about the same as iOS 7.0.x versions. I'm not putting it on my 4S yet cause I'm getting a 5S at some point and my 4S is going to someone else.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk
I surely hope that changes by the official release. I can't stand how fast my phone days with little use

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I surely hope that changes by the official release. I can't stand how fast my phone days with little use

Well if beta 2 comes out before the bell store gets my 5S in I'll try iOS 7.1 beta 2 on my 4S but if I get my 5S before beta 2 comes out then I'll compare my iOS 7.0.4 battery life to the 7.1 beta 2 on the 5S to see if it does increase

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So, first day/night with the iOS 7.1 Beta 1

Battery life is good for me.

A few bugs found:

- Restoring runs very very slow, even the whatsapp restore took a lot of time. (And it wasn't even huge)

- Status bar disappears and appears randomly in multitask.

- Tri-tone is the only available messaging tone IN THE NEW TONES the classic ones work! And in the alarm clock settings the new tones work, too.

- When I use the app 'groove' (music player replacement) and the music player app at the same time, closing the standard music player app makes it freeze and the iPhone doesn't respond a few seconds.

- The AppStore works very slow for me, my wifi connection is at it's best, but the AppStore tells me "no connection", closing and refreshing serves the problem.

- The dark keyboard doesn't work very well, jumps from white to black, blinks...

- Battery percentage: the numbers jump sometimes. From 99% to 100% and back again or from 8% to 6% I didn't see 7%.

edit: wifi icon is lost on the lock screen.
edit2: the clock numbers on lock screen jump, too.
edit3: the iPhone asks me randomly to enter my AppStore password.
edit4: iPhone 5s still seems not to close apps completely after sliding them off in multitask or using memory 100 and xcleaner.

But I have to say: it's a very good beta at all! With good battery life and yeah... The bugs are annoying sometimes, but it's a BETA and I expect bug fixes soon.

azunu9aj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bug: The lock screen & control center music controls can crash the app your using it with.

Workaround: unlock the device or open the app to change tracks in the app your using.

This is the only bug I've found so far

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Been running this on my 5s when the Beta came out -
Pros -
1. Better Battery Life
2. Black Keyboard
3. OS is much faster (animations, opening apps, etc.)

Cons -
1. The keyboard blinks from Black to White at times if Black is chosen
2. Text Tones are only classic, its like the new ones are nonexistent.
thats all i've found!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
They must have pushed new code to the touch ID as well I have noticed a huge improvement in accuracy. Even after I downgraded back to 7.0.4 the touch ID is now back to working better than day 1.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods