iOS 7.1 BETA available - Post your bugs here

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1 BETA available

Well first bug I have encountered is that all my text tones have defaulted to the original iPhone SMS tone. No matter what one I choose, I still get the original. Haha.

The classic tones work just fine for the time being until the next beta hopefully fixes this.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I was gung-ho about installing it but now with claims of usage interference I think I might wait this one out.

So I took the plunge and forgot to register my iPhone 5s in the developer portal ... LOL moment of panic, fortunately you can enter the serial number for the iPhone when in the system profiler and that worked. Restoring now .. Phew.

Thanks for reminding me!! 😬
Just in case I decide to install.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm excited for the dark keyboard. Maybe this is a sign apple is finally going to allow some more options for the looks of certain aspects of the OS. One can dream

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

So far it seems to have fixed the springboard crash when using Touch ID to unlock issues I was having. It would randomly crash right after unlock, but only with reduce motion on. It has done it on 7.0.3 and 7.0.4.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

Yep. A little annoying but I can deal until they fix it. I tried to send a bug report but for some reason it was not working at the time.

Agreed. It was not as annoying as it is now. I can't distinguish between different notifications. Oh well... way of the beta. I was able to send in the bug.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

OK that was short lived. I tried it but I don't want to be stuck with the Aurora text tones. Not enough new features for me to deal with a beta. Downgraded back to 7.0.4 even though Apple said I couldn't. Haha

DYLANHABKIRK

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

In the Apple Dev Center... for those of you who have access to that... The beta arrives as build number 11D5099e.

All the standard disclaimers apply - caveat emptor... devices with iOS7.1 can not go back to previous iOS releases according to Apple...

iOS 7.1 beta now available for registered developers | iMore

This is HOT. I've read some preliminary release notes, and a feature I'm looking forward to; is the ability to toggle on "Dark Keyboard" in the settings app. On top of that, some stability fixes for my iPad Air. iTunes crashes too often, and the screen hates to rotate for me when I want it to.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm usually all over the betas, but I think I'll wait for this one...

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I think the dark keyboard doesn't go well with ios 7 color theme the dark keyboard looks odd on ios 7 what you guys think

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping this is the update that will finally fix the periodic Safari crash issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods