iOS 7 Tips and Tricks

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
OK all. Lets see what you’ve got. Post your BEST iOS 7 tips and tricks right here for everyone to use. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, but I have a feeling you’re all well versed in them already :p

Have at it! Go!

:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When listening to music, on the lock screen
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384799338.390398.jpg

You can hit the home button to show the time and date.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384799369.290131.jpg

You can hit the home button again to show the song info.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384799403.180549.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
While on a call tap the home button to access your iPhone for info like appointments whatever you need the caller will still be on the line hitting speaker phone also works good so you can still communicate while extracting or entering information as needed

Call will remain in a green strip on the top of your screen so you can tap on it anytime to go back to your call screen

Sent from my iPhone 5

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you're in your text messages, you can slide to the left to see an actual time stamp next to each message.

yna9ehyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I love this one. I was trying to figure out for the longest how to get the time stamps! I was going to call Apple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the iPhone since the 2G and I just discovered this myself, today. It's unbelievable that I've never seen this or come across this.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
-If you don't want the new parallax/home screen animations, you can turn them off in Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion.

-To force close apps, double click Home button and flick app previews up off the screen.

-In the Photos app, you can select entire events at once under Photos>Moments. Tap select in the top corner, then Select again next to the event you'd like to edit/delete. All photos in the event will be selected.

-In the Mail app inbox, you can swipe right to left to reveal options for editing/deleting mails.

-In Safari's open tab view, you can close a tab by swiping it right to left instead of tapping the little X.

-On the lock screen you can swipe to unlock anywhere, not just where it says "Slide to Unlock."

-If you hate having to update apps, turn on Automatic App Updates to have them download automatically in the background. (Settings>iTunes & App Store>Automatic Updates)

-Subscribers to your shared photo streams can now add photos to the stream if you allow it. (Go to a Shared Stream and tap on People to find the setting.)

-You can save favorite bookmarks as icons in Safari's new tab page for quick access.

-You can now redeem iTunes gift cards using the camera to scan them instead of typing in the code.

-You can rearrange your Music app nav bar to your liking (think this was introduced a ways back though).

-To find the daily appointment view in Calendar, tap the magnifying glass icon.

-Search your iPhone, Wikipedia, or the Web from any Home screen?just pull down from the middle of the screen to reveal Spotlight Search.

-Go Back in Style: iOS 7 has a new gesture for going back a page in Safari, or a layer view in apps like Settings. To "swipe back," swipe your screen from left to right, beginning at the left edge. If the app supports the gesture (not all 3rd party apps?Tapatalk for instance?have been updated yet) you'll go back to the previous page. One of the best and most natural feeling additions in iOS 7, I think.

-Need a level for a home improvement project? Open your Compass app, and swipe right to left to reveal the new iOS 7 level.

-You can set the volume of the spoken navigation directions independently of system volume?useful if you find them usually too soft or too loud. See Settings>Maps.

Last edited:

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
While on a call tap the home button to access your iPhone for info like appointments whatever you need the caller will still be on the line hitting speaker phone also works good so you can still communicate while extracting or entering information as needed

Call will remain in a green strip on the top of your screen so you can tap on it anytime to go back to your call screen

Sent from my iPhone 5

This has been here since, at least, iOS 5. I've had an iPhone since the iOS 5, and I've been able to do it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you prefer to see your clock in digital instead of analog in the stock clock app, just hit any of the clocks and it will change.
umederu3.jpg
ahy6uven.jpg

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Umm... Yea been able to do that since iPhone gen 1 os 1.0

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
In iBooks for iPhone/iPad you can move through the categories on your library (by categories I mean PDFs, books and purchased books) by just swiping left or right.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner