How to delete photos from phone but not photo stream

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Greetings, whenever I connect my phone to my computer and download the photos to iPhoto I am asked if I want to delete the photos on the phone. In ios6 I would say yes and the photos would delete and keep a copy in photo stream. However in io7 when I click yes the photos in photo stream also delete.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Greetings, whenever I connect my phone to my computer and download the photos to iPhoto I am asked if I want to delete the photos on the phone. In ios6 I would say yes and the photos would delete and keep a copy in photo stream. However in io7 when I click yes the photos in photo stream also delete.

I just tested this on my 5S and I'm not getting the same results as you. When I import a photo into iPhoto and delete it from my device, the photo is still in my Photo Stream album on my phone.

Prior to connecting your phone, did you check to make sure the photo was in Photo Stream? I'm asking because I'm trying to think of all possible issues and its very easy to overlook something.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I did check that the photos are in photo stream. Just yesterday I had 300 photos in photo stream and when I downloaded the photos to my computer and hit delete from iPhone it whipped my photo stream clean and now I have no photos in photo stream. Maybe it is some weird glitch on my phone. I really don't know but its the oddest thing that is driving me nuts.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did check that the photos are in photo stream. Just yesterday I had 300 photos in photo stream and when I downloaded the photos to my computer and hit delete from iPhone it whipped my photo stream clean and now I have no photos in photo stream. Maybe it is some weird glitch on my phone. I really don't know but its the oddest thing that is driving me nuts.

That's so weird! I'm at a loss. I'd make an appointment at the Genius Bar. Hopefully they'll be able to help you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2