Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here batt life has increased.

u3edupaj.jpg

#Naked Tuesday

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet, but waiting to see if I can complete a call in Facetime - this being an 'issue' (noted elsewhere by others) so far with iOS 7 and is supposed to have been resolved with 7.0.4, if I understand the log.

As for the rest, short of the Placebo Effect, I'm not sure anything much has changed. That said, I'm running a 4 with a minimum of fuss and bother (knock on wood) with all buttons working as expected, no shattered glass and a battery that seems to be holding its own quite nicely, thank you very much. And no reboots - see aforementioned 'knock on wood'. With a 3 year subscription coming up fairly soon, I've yet to be convinced updating my iPhone is worth the trouble. Certainly the price isn't encouraging, even with the benefit of an Apple Store nearby should (when) something go wrong with the new one.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't even use FaceTime to have noticed there was even an "issue" with it. What was the "issue" this fixed?
that's the one issue they specified... otherwise... the typical iOS update also contains other 'stability enhancements and bug fixes' that are undocumented.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't even use FaceTime to have noticed there was even an "issue" with it. What was the "issue" this fixed?

I've never had an issue with FaceTime and I use it often with my family across the pond. Nice that they fixed it for those having issues though.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

For some users (myself included) a Facetime call would ring through - usually 3 times - and then disconnect. Getting to Facetime and answering the call before it cut off would result it saying it was connecting - and then not. This would happen at the other end of a call with a friend, too (same iOS version).
Frankly, I hardly ever even think of using Facetime (its nice not a need for me) so I was not aware of this 'issue' until recently - and that's when a search done discovered it was a known issue and not me 'holding it wrong'.

Plan B would be Skype or similar, but maybe if this fixes Facetime? Again, I haven't tried since the patch (sorry....'upgrade')

ADDENDUM: Finally got around to trying Facetime post-7.0.4, and to the person as noted above. All went thru without a problem. We were both surprised. So it seems this has been fixed - until next time.

Last edited:

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
My battery is draining like a rock after OTA update to 7.0.4.
23 minutes of usage since last full charge and I'm down to 92% already.
Overnight battery drain is almost double what it was before 7.0.4.
Wish I could go back to 7.0.3, I would in a second!!!!

mhakhot

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
After updated 7.0.4, reset occurs on my iPhone 4. 😱 I never found in previous verion before! Is it better for you? Not me now. Looking for 7.1.😩

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to do anymore about my battery life. I'm hoping each new update fixes it and it doesn't. I charge 3-4 times per day, it's absolutely ridiculous. And I have all battery saving features on. Too scared to do a complete restore cause I don't wanna lose my google exchange functionality

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what to do anymore about my battery life. I'm hoping each new update fixes it and it doesn't. I charge 3-4 times per day, it's absolutely ridiculous. And I have all battery saving features on. Too scared to do a complete restore cause I don't wanna lose my google exchange functionality

7.0.4 drains my battery like crazy. Just went from 21% to 9% in about 2 minutes.

Take it to the Apple Store or restore and set up as new. Your battery drain is not normal. I understand you want to keep your Google Exchange, but there is clearly something wrong with your device. If you're not going to take the steps necessary to correct the issue, I doubt any update from Apple will help at all.

Jay Anderson2

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 updates have NOT fixed the issue with battery drain. If Apple tells you that the problem is a sensor in the phone it is just not true. Ask Apple why the phone worked fine on iOS 6.x.x then! I for one am tired of hearing the buzz words that someone will take ownership of my issues, to reach out to me. Just fix the problem would be my solution. Stores are useless, Support is a joke on 800# and Senior Techs fail to callback. My iPhone 5 turns into a useless brick running iOS 7.x.x ------- Watching for a fix & only willing to wait until Jan 2, 2014 for the defect to be corrected.

Have a Great Day the iPhone Way.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
7.0.4 drains my battery like crazy. Just went from 21% to 9% in about 2 minutes.

Mine has been doing that today as well. Went from 25% to 17% in a matter of minutes with the low battery warning popping up as it hit 17%. I did take mine to an Apple repair shop and they said the battery was fine. Don't really know what to do next.

brian6551

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have updated to iOS 7.0.4 and my problem is Photos App on my iPad4 when ever I sync through iTunes on my laptop to copy new folder of photos from my Laptop to transfer to my iPad4 it deletes all my previous Albums that I already have on the iPad. I have saved the previous sync photos to a new album selected all the photos with the blue circle and tick and saved them and touched DONE but it makes no difference. In Devices I have also deselected auto sync. I dont know what else to try so the photos are saved in their respective Albums any suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2