I was not sure if I should put this under iPhone 5s or IOS7 as the issue I have started around the time of getting both, but I think it may be IOS or User error.

For some reason when ever I type well or hell into an email or message or anywhere that the automatic spell correction kicks in it changes it to we'll or he'll

I dont have any shortcuts setup and I have never had a shortcut that does this so I am perplexed where this correction came from? It seemed to happen around the time I got the iphone 5s and updated to IOS7 but I cant be sure exactly when.

Other info, I have built my iphone 5s from scratch so i did not use a restore from my iphone 5 as I wanted a nice clean build. It is not jailbroken and is used as it was intended.

Any advice or help will be gratefully received?
    11-14-2013 08:50 AM
    I was not sure if I should put this under iPhone 5s or IOS7 as the issue I have started around the time of getting both, but I think it may be IOS or User error.

For some reason when ever I type well or hell into an email or message or anywhere that the automatic spell correction kicks in it changes it to we'll or he'll

I dont have any shortcuts setup and I have never had a shortcut that does this so I am perplexed where this correction came from? It seemed to happen around the time I got the iphone 5s and updated to IOS7 but I cant be sure exactly when.

Other info, I have built my iphone 5s from scratch so i did not use a restore from my iphone 5 as I wanted a nice clean build. It is not jailbroken and is used as it was intended.

When you are typing a misspelled word, you'll see a little pop up with an alternate spelling. When you see that (in the context of typing these words), tap on the small 'x' to ignore the correction. Eventually, your device will learn how you use your device and stop doing it.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    Attached Thumbnails Automatic Spelling Corrections-img_0140.png  
    anonymous86451 likes this.
    11-14-2013 09:30 AM
    When you are typing a misspelled word, you'll see a little pop up with an alternate spelling. When you see that (in the context of typing these words), tap on the small 'x' to ignore the correction. Eventually, your device will learn how you use your device and stop doing it.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    So I am guessing I must have done the reverse of that some time back and corrected he'll and the iPad learnt that and keeps trying to replace it?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-14-2013 11:04 AM
    You can go to Settings>> General>> Reset>> Reset Keyboard Dictionary and it will 'forget' anything it learned and take you back to factory defaults.
    11-14-2013 11:09 AM
    So I am guessing I must have done the reverse of that some time back and corrected he'll and the iPad learnt that and keeps trying to replace it?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    Not sure... it could just be that the iOS default is to assume a contraction... or it may be (or may have been) contextual...
    11-14-2013 11:10 AM
    Or you could add a contact named well and then one named hell to your contacts and the system will think you are typing those names and not autocorrect. It's whacky but does work.
    11-14-2013 11:10 AM
    I experienced the same thing, but back when I had my 4S, I believe, I added a few things to the list of keyboard shortcuts. For we'll, he'll or we're, I simply type wel, hel and wer. For hell, well and were, I simply spell them out completely. For the most part, it works without a hitch, but every now and then, it slips up. Give it a try.
    11-14-2013 11:22 AM

I had the same issue but it seems to be sorted out now (aside from the occasional slip-up).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-14-2013 03:35 PM