App Store Issues?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
For the last 4-5 days, I have been having issues with the App store. I am running IOS 7.03. Spuratically, if I attempt to download a new app. it will tell me:
Unable to Purchase
"name of app" could not be purchased at this time. Please try again later."

This is occuring when I attempt to download a free app. Then, the little download indicator in the app just continues to spin and spin. I have to go out of the app store app, pull it up in multitasking and force-quit the app. Once I go back in, if I attempt to download the app again, the little cloud with the arrow pointing down appears. When I click it, it says:
"You've already purchased this, so it will be downloaded now at no additional charge."

Mind you, this was a free app. There was no additional charge regardless. So I click ok, and it downloads.

Has anyone else run into this?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't run into this recently but signing out of your App Store account and then signing back in may fix the issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's a possibility that the problem lies on Apple's end, but just in case, go to Setting->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". Note: You will have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passcode afterwards.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. I apologize as I typed in a hurry earlier and forgot to mention the steps I have taken thus far. I have tried a hard reset, signed out and back into the app store, changed payment information, reset network settings, and restored to IOS 7.03 on my laptop. Sadly, all to no avail.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. I apologize as I typed in a hurry earlier and forgot to mention the steps I have taken thus far. I have tried a hard reset, signed out and back into the app store, changed payment information, reset network settings, and restored to IOS 7.03 on my laptop. Sadly, all to no avail.

You may just have to call Apple to get it resolved. With all of the steps you've taken already it seems that it's a problem on their end.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You may just have to call Apple to get it resolved. With all of the steps you've taken already it seems that it's a problem on their end.

Thanks I think I am going to. Fortunately I do have the work-around I mentioned above.....just kind of a pain.

somedude1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am having the same problem. I've tried all the suggestions as well, to no avail. Guess I'm going to have to call Apple tomorrow.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner