I'm Talking 50% Drop In Battery Life

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have done all of the standard practices to keep the battery at it's freshest and all that. No, I have not totally disabled every service to make my phone non-functional yet have infinite battery life.

So, ever since I installed ios7, and I mean the day of I have had maybe 50% drop in battery life. Poof, all gone. What do I need to do or shut off? Is it the nausea producing effects that drain it? Seriously, it is bad and I mean really bad.

Please help as I am really not up to speed on any fixes or known issues out there.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What version of iOS 7 are you running? If it isn't the latest 7.0.3, install the update. My son and daughter were both having battery issues until after they did this update. Now both of them are getting much better battery life on their iPhone 4 and 4S.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have done all the standard practices, maybe ask Apple, on the nausea thing you can turn on reduce motion in settings.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What version of iOS 7 are you running? If it isn't the latest 7.0.3, install the update. My son and daughter were both having battery issues until after they did this update. Now both of them are getting much better battery life on their iPhone 4 and 4S.

It is 7.0.3. And it is bad, like very noticeable.

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it's an issue with iOS 7.0.3.

The battery life on my 4S improved when I first updated to iOS 7, and I didn't have a problem until 7.0.3. Since then my battery life's been shocking (and yes, I've tried ALL the usual tricks).

It can't be my device, as Apple gave me a brand new handset only 5 months ago.

Hopefully there's a 7.0.4 or 7.1 release in the works, until then I'll be making sure there's a power point handy at all times, lol

Device: iPhone 4S, 32GB.
iOS 7.0

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Might be time to take it to the Apple store. Bad batteries are great reasons to get shiny new handsets, especially toward the end of your warranty.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Doing so disables my ability to use apps like runkeeper, I use that a lot. I have most of them diabled, just runkeeper, weather, dropbox, skydrive,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro