Can I revert back to iOS 6 from iOS 7? (Medical Reasons)

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Go on Craigslist and find someone willing to trade your phone for one with iOS 6, or sell yours and use the money to buy one with iOS 6. There are a ton of them out there, for a premium, of course.

On a side note, radiation? really? from a software update? Hmmm, seems legit.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The OP may be somehow sensitive to the parallax and should try going into settings>> General>> Accessibility>> Reduce Motion - turn that ON.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just don't believe it. Sorry
Is the OP going to get a Doctors note for Apple to downgrade to iOS 6.

Does the OP have a radiation detector showing iOS 7 makes the phone emit more radiation?
We can't believe everything we read on these forums.

#Naked Tuesday

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I am indeed serious about this issue, i thank all the people who replied and advised me to seek medical help for my headaches, but since i dumped the iphone i used for the past 2years all my headaches disappeared, i dont need to visit my doctor as i found the culprit.
Before using this forums to ask for an answer "if there's a way to revert back to iOS6" I visited those so-called Apple genius-bar and they gave a number to call the Applecare but they turned out to be Appledontcare, although i was prepared to pay the cost for the reversion,,

p.s. please replies with just technical answers and dont bother to reply if you would only advise me to go and see my doctor, that is just talking for the sake of increasing posts

Answer me a silly question then, is the iPhones screen cracked, at all?

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
That's certainly much more likely than the cellular and wifi radios suddenly emitting more radio waves just due to an iOS upgrade.

Indeed - for sure though, it is possible for a software update to crank up the power settings on the transmitter, thereby increasing radiation exposure by some tiny amount.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
p.s. please replies with just technical answers and dont bother to reply if you would only advise me to go and see my doctor, that is just talking for the sake of increasing posts

Making a claim like "does emit more radiation" negates the need for technical answers. Something else may be amiss, but an alarmist claim like that doesn't muster much help to your cause.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Indeed - for sure though, it is possible for a software update to crank up the power settings on the transmitter, thereby increasing radiation exposure by some tiny amount.

i highly doubt that, even IF this ever happened, the effects would be negligible. cell phone radiation is non-ionizing. i would expect it to cause a feeling of increased heat local to the area where its held to or even a slight burn. definitely not a headache. while i agree some kind of software error could cause wonky outputs in the phone, transmission wise, i disagree they will be the direct cause of a headache. im sure apples engineers and FCC would have seen something during tests.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
i highly doubt that, even IF this ever happened, the effects would be negligible. cell phone radiation is non-ionizing. i would expect it to cause a feeling of increased heat local to the area where its held to or even a slight burn. definitely not a headache. while i agree some kind of software error could cause wonky outputs in the phone, transmission wise, i disagree they will be the direct cause of a headache. im sure apples engineers and FCC would have seen something during tests.

Note I didn't say it was likely to cause a headache - I'll leave that debate to the scientists. I was just noting from a technical standpoint that it's possible, whether by accident or design, to increase tx power through a software update. Not that it helps the OP's problem.

OP: did you see the suggestion that the parallax setting might be causing your headaches? Try turning reduced motion on and see if it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices