Have you used Airdrop yet?

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
To get the popularity of AirDrop, I just wanted to ask if anyone has used it, and does it work? Is it reliable?

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used it yet, but have seen others using this feature and they weren't having any problems at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've used it a few times, and it worked like a charm each time....:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've used this feature and it works without any problems

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I mainly use it to send items to/from my own iPad and iPhone, and it's worked great so far. The occasional sending of pics to Wifey's iPad is fun as well.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
To get it to work right it's all about settings. You either need to be all connected to same WiFi or my preference be in close proximity and have everyone turn on Bluetooth. Used it last night for Halloween. Took a ton of with my friends and our kids. Instead of texting the pics, we all turned on Airdrop and Bluetooth and I dropped about 40 photos on 12 phones in seconds. It also works great for documents in meetings, and exchanging contact info

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
2 or 3 times only so far. Quite reliable, though it seemed to take a while to locate my friend who was sitting right beside me (or at least, longer than it should).

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. My family has iPhones, iPads and iPods. We send each other photos and files all the time. It's flawless. You just have to make sure the device you are sending to is awake to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk