If The 5S or 5C Is Your First Ever iPhone What Was The Hardest & What Was the Easiest To Get Use To

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If The 5S or 5C Is Your First Ever iPhone What Was The Hardest & What Was the Easiest To Get Use To

To explain my question better and more understandable given that this is your your first ever iPhone and the mere items that iOS 7 has I would like to know what has made things real easy for you to catch on with no trouble and what items have you just not gotten yet and having a hard time with? I ask this because members that have had multiple iPhones have to get use to going to multiple new and updated iOS changes seem to catch on fairly easy but yet still have questions - We all do but I would like to know how you are coping with your new Hardware and Software.

Is is difficult or easy for you to catch on. Are you finding it easy to ask questions and get quick and accurate answers taking the frustration out of the equation? What is is that has so far become your favorite that you have learned and caught on to and lastly on a scale of a simple 1 thru 10 with a 10 being the easiest - What number would you put on all this so that it makes it fun to own your first iPhone?
I lied about one thing, Well fibbed a bit...lol , Do you regret getting the iPhone of your choice? Just have fun with this and let us know what you really feel that's all. Thank you all for being members of iMore! or even a guest.

Last edited:

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: If The 5S or 5C Is Your First Ever iPhone What Was The Hardest & What Was the Easiest To Get Use

Hard to get used to:

*Alarm and ring setting tied together
*Only two sound profiles
*No led ( the phone looks dead)
*Lack of unified inbox
*Using iTunes instead of drag and drop on media card
Autocorrect
*Not as customizable as other platforms

Easy to get used to:

*Keyboard
*Menus are consistent
*OS is extremely user friendly, very little learning curve
*Copy and paste
*Battery life is fantastic
*Device is well built and light

I don't regret my decision to switch from BlackBerry. For now Apple suits me. I wanted content and apps. I had an iPod and was using iTunes university and listening to podcasts a lot. I wanted more apps than BlackBerry 10 has to offer at this time.

While I loved my BlackBerry and may return eventually, the iPhone is perfect for me at this moment in life.

Favorite things about iPhone:

*Content (iTunes U etc)
*Ability to share content with friends/family
*Apps
*Browser
*Camera

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: If The 5S or 5C Is Your First Ever iPhone What Was The Hardest & What Was the Easiest To Get Use

Hard to get used to:

*Alarm and ring setting tied together

Not sure if you mean this about the silent switch, but alarms will still sound if you have the phone on silent. I never have my ringer on, but I use my phone as an alarm clock every day.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Lack of a file system (coming from rooted android)

Having an iPad since Memorial Day did ease the transition immensely.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

@Chrisy - there is a unified inbox in the Mail app.

No. I mean a unified unbox for ALL messages: Mail, SMS, Facebook, etc.

BlackBerry had an option where you had ONE inbox for all those messages. So you didn't have to go into each app.

The pull down notification is similiat but doesn't have a lot of control features.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if you mean this about the silent switch, but alarms will still sound if you have the phone on silent. I never have my ringer on, but I use my phone as an alarm clock every day.

I mean that I want my ringer volume always set at say 7 out of 10, and my alarm a 2/10.

I'd like to see more sound profiles available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW