Seeking advice on apparent sms/mms/imessage issue

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I searched and could not find a thread regarding the exactness of my situation so here it goes. I have discovered, albeit by accident, that not all of my texts are being received by others. Nor, am I receiving all of theirs. I have not found any common denominator with this aside from my having been on iMessage the entire time. It appears to be random texts however.

I am currently running iOS 7.03. I did an over the air install of 7.02 and 7.03 but since I am using a 5S...the original iOS 7 version was preinstalled. I have done a hard reset. Before I try to do a fresh install on the computer, has anyone else been experiencing this? If it is a known issue then doing a fresh install may not solve anything, though it wouldn't necessarily hurt anything either. Thank you for any input.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I searched and could not find a thread regarding the exactness of my situation so here it goes. I have discovered, albeit by accident, that not all of my texts are being received by others. Nor, am I receiving all of theirs. I have not found any common denominator with this aside from my having been on iMessage the entire time. It appears to be random texts however.

I am currently running iOS 7.03. I did an over the air install of 7.02 and 7.03 but since I am using a 5S...the original iOS 7 version was preinstalled. I have done a hard reset. Before I try to do a fresh install on the computer, has anyone else been experiencing this? If it is a known issue then doing a fresh install may not solve anything, though it wouldn't necessarily hurt anything either. Thank you for any input.

Nope sounds like it's just you LOL 😝. Hmm this is the first I've heard of this with iOS 7. I'm sure you already tried resetting network settings, turning off iMessage then asking your peeps to resend and then turning it back? 😏

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Nope sounds like it's just you LOL 😝. Hmm this is the first I've heard of this with iOS 7. I'm sure you already tried resetting network settings, turning off iMessage then asking your peeps to resend and then turning it back? 😏

On it!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If that does not work I would not have a brand new phone with the latest OS and it not working right. I would go to the Apple Genius bar and make them get it right for you. You should not have to go through all that on a brand new phone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If that does not work I would not have a brand new phone with the latest OS and it not working right. I would go to the Apple Genius bar and make them get it right for you. You should not have to go through all that on a brand new phone.

Agreed, get a new phone whee!!

colavecd

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Same here with iPhone 5c. Was receiving and sending texts or messages fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now, messages from some, and not others, only come through via WiFi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here with iPhone 5c. Was receiving and sending texts or messages fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now, messages from some, and not others, only come through via WiFi.

Try going to Settings->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh