Music won't play & is deleting all music

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I took my i5 to Apple yesterday because the lock button refused to work. They gave me a new phone and I restored from iCloud to the new phone. Almost everything restored except some of my music. When I got home I plugged the device into the computer and iTunes synced and put all of my music back. Today I wanted to listen to an album so I touched the 1st song in the album to get started and the phone then displayed the next song, then the next, etc etc until there were no more songs then all of the songs disappeared, gone. I tried another album and it did the exact same thing. Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Here is video of what my phone is doing. When you select a song it deletes it.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I took my i5 to Apple yesterday because the lock button refused to work. They gave me a new phone and I restored from iCloud to the new phone. Almost everything restored except some of my music. When I got home I plugged the device into the computer and iTunes synced and put all of my music back. Today I wanted to listen to an album so I touched the 1st song in the album to get started and the phone then displayed the next song, then the next, etc etc until there were no more songs then all of the songs disappeared, gone. I tried another album and it did the exact same thing. Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Sync it again. The music is all there, but you must have had a bad sync.

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to sync again, it doesn't do anything. I've added video of what the phone is doing in the OP. Guess I'm going to have to restore unless anyone else has any other ideas.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I would try another restore. Are you syncing your songs/albums individually, or do you sync a playlist?

If you have all the music you want on a playlist, I would just disable music sync (which should delete all the songs), then resync your playlist. That should put all your songs back on without having to do a full restore.

Simbadda

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me at times, when copying podcasts and music. iTunes will get stuck at "applying changes" and when you try playing music from the phone, it gets deleted

JonHalestrap

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Music won't play & is deleting all music DID YOU SORT THIS OUT?

Hi

I have exactly the same problem and after a few restores it is still the same

Did you sort it out ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711