Has Anyone Held Back From Updating To At Least iOS 7 Yet And Why?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am quite shocked on how many people that have eligible phone to update to the minimum of iOS 7 when it first came out and now Apple signing iOS 7.0.3. Many posts I have read indicate many different reasons why many have not bothered to update including one very well known Blog writer who has an iPhone 5 with 6.0 still on it saying " There is no need for me to update" so I started this thread to see if the is totally out of the ordinary or are there many that have not updated yet to at least iOS 7?

Go ahead and tell us YES if it is applies and why? We promise not to tell anyone or use your name ok? LOL :):yes:

Enzetsu

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I did for the longest time. I have it on my iPhone only because i got stuck at the restore screen and couldn't fix it. I could downgrade it back to 6.1.3 but I don't use my iPhone anymore so it doesn't matter to me. I can't stand the colourful look that iOS 7 has, I find it is unbelievable ugly and too flat. The blur annoys me and Siri for some reason doesn't work as well as it use to.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded immediately. I don't see any reason anyone would justify not upgrading. iOS 7 brings so many new features and improvements over previous versions.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded as soon as u could, but I have some friends who didn't upgrade right away or at all. A few have iphone 4, and there is some definite lag, which I think scared them away from it. I'm on a iphone 5 and haven't had any issues what so ever

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like jclisenby, I updated as soon as I could and have no regrets about it. I'm enjoying iOS 7 on my devices....:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did for the longest time. I have it on my iPhone only because i got stuck at the restore screen and couldn't fix it. I could downgrade it back to 6.1.3 but I don't use my iPhone anymore so it doesn't matter to me. I can't stand the colourful look that iOS 7 has, I find it is unbelievable ugly and too flat. The blur annoys me and Siri for some reason doesn't work as well as it use to.
The blur and color scheme you refer to can be gotten rid of by turning Increase Contrast to ON. As far as Siri goes I actually find it to be more accurate at least for me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all of the statements so far on who posted and just updated to 7.0.3 yesterday just because I needed to wait until I had time. No issues and no problems with it so far and don't expect any. I am just amazed as I have already stated on how many have not. I was very surprised at the one individual who said they would not until they have to as one of our blog writers and of course they have their reasons so that was one main reason I wrote the thread.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Not going to update a repurposed iPhone 4 that is now essentially an iPod. It's used for kids stuff. I noticed minor lag after updating a 4S to iOS 7, so don't think the 4 is a good candidate.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the betas on my iPod since June so I've gotten use to look of iOS 7. I installed the GM the day after it was available and I haven't looked back since. I have no regrets updating to iOS 7 and I've had no problems so far.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have not upgraded for a simple reason; the UI. The only feature I would actually care about is control center. I will stick to iOS 6 on my 4s until I find another device to like. I wrote a thread about 7 being the future of Apple and those that do not care for it? what will they do knowing that? I am content with 6, but like most people, I like to upgrade as often as possible. With 7 coming with the new iPhones, I will not be purchasing one at all. It's a tough decision, but its my personal opinion.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I updated the first day out without an issue. And the majority of the people I know have up updated with little to no issues. But there our a few who are holding back claiming they either don't like it, or heard of to many issues and are waiting till their sure all the bugs are gone, but knowing them that should be sometime around iOS 8.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I updated as soon as I could on day one. While iOS 7 was a bit buggy initially, the 7.0.3 update has fixed many bugs and runs quite smoothly. I highly recommend that anyone holding out upgrade. Even if you don't quite like the aesthetics of iOS 7, the added functionality is worth it.

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I haven't I just got my Iphone 5s 2 days ago and thinks its awesome but I won't update because of the jb coming out , even tho they say it won't effect 7.0.3!!

Enzetsu

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
The blur and color scheme you refer to can be gotten rid of by turning Increase Contrast to ON. As far as Siri goes I actually find it to be more accurate at least for me.

Yeah, i turned Increased contrast on but that still leaves me with the ugly icons problem, don't get me wrong some of the stuff in iOS 7 I love like the calendar but I haaaaate the dock. As for Siri i went to take a screen shot of it not working more me and of course it made me look like a liar and worked perfectly every time. :/ there are time where it would take forever for a reply and it would just say I'm sorry blah blah blah can't do it.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i turned Increased contrast on but that still leaves me with the ugly icons problem, don't get me wrong some of the stuff in iOS 7 I love like the calendar but I haaaaate the dock. As for Siri i went to take a screen shot of it not working more me and of course it made me look like a liar and worked perfectly every time. :/ there are time where it would take forever for a reply and it would just say I'm sorry blah blah blah can't do it.

I believe you. It's happened to me numerous times.

"I'm really sorry about this but I can't help you right now"

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not updated. I have all the functionality I need on my jailbroken iPhone 5 running 6.1.2. I love not having to use the home button and sleep button on my phone especially since they are known to fail. Zephyr gives me that functionality. I already have a control center in my notification drop down center. There is nothing that iOS 7 provides that I do not have on my iPhone. I have no need for iOS 7.

I did install iOS 7 on my iPhone 4 and it slowed it down until the 7.0.3 update came and allowed me to turn off the silly animations. I am agnostic when it comes to iOS 7; I do not like it not do I hate.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Dominique Peretti

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated my iPad2 because I'm a developer and had to.
But my other devices will stay on iOS6 as long as possible.
The new design doesn't even deserve the name "design" as iOS7 looks pretty much like Windows running in Safe Mode. It's a travesty.
As a long time Apple fan, developer, shareholder, I'm very, very sad.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have updated because I am a tech nerd :), however my wife is a perfect case study of a non-techie user. She doesn't want to upgrade because it's different, plain and simple. She likes the way iOS6 works (and looks) on her 4S and her use case is pretty basic (email, calendar, text, internet, and facebook). She doesn't even want to upgrade her phone, even though she's eligible. Crazy to me, but saves me some money!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR