no end call button

Makai5

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
is any one else having the problem of when someone calls the END CALL button is not there, just the answer button? And other times it does show up. It was a problem on the beta but i thought it was just a bug that would get fixed. I have had a few other iPhones in my person so I no it's just not the phone. If you could help it would be great.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought the end button appears only when you are not on a lock screen.
However, if you want to dismiss the call without having the caller leaving a voicemail, you can slide "UP" the green button (instead of sliding right) and the end button appears.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When you have your phone locked and receive a call you are going to get only the green slide to answer button or bar whatever you want to call it. If your phone is not locked and you receive a call when on a home screen you are going to get a decline button on the left and an answer button on the right. This is how it is suppose to work so there is nothing wrong with your phone. It all depends on if your phone is locked or not.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
When you have your phone locked and receive a call you are going to get only the green slide to answer button or bar whatever you want to call it. If your phone is not locked and you receive a call when on a home screen you are going to get a decline button on the left and an answer button on the right. This is how it is suppose to work so there is nothing wrong with your phone. It all depends on if your phone is locked or not.

Sort of a frustrating behaviour. The interface should be consistent!

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So you mean like it is on android? #bwahahaha

I haven't honestly seen much of android at all, so I don't know how it handles calls.

Regardless of the context the interface is presented in, if a certain function is not available, the control should be disabled, not hidden. This leads to a consistent experience. Imagine in Apple in their infinite wisdom decided to hide 'Z' key on the keyboard, since the letter is rarely used. This would:

1) Make accessing the Z character annoying.
2) Make the interface inconsistent, not only because of the absence of the Z, but because all of the other keys would need to shift to fill the void.

Maybe an outlandish example but it illustrates the big problem with inconsistency; In both cases, you can't use muscle memory to achieve your goal.

rosco2

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have same problem - and with brand new 6S: No end call button, no call display, no incoming phone number, and no option to go to speaker phone or bluetooth while on the call. Resetting phone seemed to temporarily fix problem. I replaced the phone and still have the problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have same problem - and with brand new 6S: No end call button, no call display, no incoming phone number, and no option to go to speaker phone or bluetooth while on the call. Resetting phone seemed to temporarily fix problem. I replaced the phone and still have the problem.

If this has happened to more than one phone, then it's not the phone. It's something else. Did you set up the 2nd phone with a back up? iCloud or iTunes? If so, you may have got the problem back in the back up. If that's the case, I suggest doing a restore as new. Not from a back up. You may just need a fresh copy of iOS 9.3.1.

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts! I'll be on a call with someone and when it's time to hang up I have to first unlock the screen, but then it doesn't default to the screen with the red End Call button; it goes to the dial screen. And there is no way to get back to the End Call screen from here. As a work around I was told to use the sleep button on the side of the phone but that doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. And I have tried rebooting. I've done the latest update. It's an iPhone 6S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice