Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with Spotlight on my 5s. It seems to have been happening on pretty much all iOS versions. What's happening is even though I permenently delete an email from my iPhone, Spotlight is still able to find it. However if I click on it, it cannot be opened as it has been deleted. This is a bit annoying with spam. Spotlight seems to index spam messages when I move them to trash. Even though I permanently delete them from trash, as I said above they remain searchable in Spotlight. The only way to remove them from Spotlight I have found is to completely delete my email account from my iPhone and re-add it. This bug seems to have been around forever from searches online. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having it with iOS 7, or am I one of the only/few that have this issue?
    10-26-2013 11:09 AM
    Yes, it is still present. The title and/or subject is still cached.
    10-26-2013 11:22 AM
    So, is there another fix other then deleting my account and re-adding it to remove the spam listings from Spotlight? As that's the real issue, as I rarely delete emails except the spam, and then Spotlight indexes it. It's not a huge deal, but still a little annoying. Really Apple just needs to either A. fix the bug, or B. have a button in the Spotlight settings to just reindex the device when pressed.
    10-26-2013 11:26 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. In the past, it took a restore to clear out the cache. Still, I agree that Apple should supply us with an option to manually clear the cached or at least allow for it to be cleared with a reboot.
    10-26-2013 11:55 AM
    I hope a fix comes eventually, as it is also a huge privacy issue. Especially for business users. As some folks may have sensitive information in either a message or email that needs to be deleted, and even having the sender or subject searchable from Spotlight could be catastrophic if it's in the wrong hands.
    10-26-2013 12:04 PM