Restore fails

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So both my iPad4 and iPhone5 are having issues (i.e. severe lag, crashing apps, stuck apps, etc.) after doing the OTA update to 7.0.2 and 7.0.3 and I want to restore both. Both say they are at 7.0.3 and iTunes says both are updated. The problem is when I try and restore either iTunes says both need the entire iOS7 update(1gig+ download). Furthermore when I try and re-download the update, that is already on both, the update fails and says the servers can't be reached. The internet here is insanely slow (think early dial-up) and the 1.24gig file takes 20+ hours to download. Is there a way to restore them and fix this? Apple wants me to return my iPad4 for a new one. That is asinine and I don't believe it's necessary. I shouldn't have to return or buy new devices to fix this. It's as bad as Windows if I have to do that.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You can only do the full download/restore at this point. If you are close to an Apple Store, you may be able to do it there/have them do it if your internet is too slow.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I finally got it to update. The new problem is the restore from back up doesn't have 90% of the content that it had pre-restore. I lost all of my movies, magazines, and books. When I created the backup I know I transferred all of it to my Macbook. In fact all of the movies are on my Macbook now. The magazines are another story. I try and remove them from the iPad and they are showing as being on my iPad. However, when I look at my library they show as needing to be downloaded. So what did I do wrong?