Why doesn't the App Store clear the number of apps I need to update?

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It's been driving me nuts. The App Store will tell me that I need to update one app. So I update it. Then I close the App Store and it always shows that I have 2 more updates via a red "2" indicator. Then I click on the App Store and I don't actually have 2 apps to update and it finally clears. I thought 7.0.3 would fix it but nope. In the picture it shows that I have 3 updates but in fact I only have one. It always adds an extra 2 updates!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 37

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
open the multi tasking bar and close the appstore completely. Then reboot the phone and open the appstore again. That should fix the phantom updates. Also connect to WiFi, the updates could be for apps larger than 100mb and they wont update unless you are on WiFi.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Just tried your suggestion. Still said 2 updates after the reboot. Had wifi on and opened App Store only to find that I once again don't need any actual updates.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Try searching for each app and see if it changes after awhile to update. I have had this happen to me at-least on 7.0.1/2 but nothing yet on 7.0.3. As per bamf-hacker's suggestion, I don't believe the file size limitation would now hide the app from the update screen unlike iOS 6 and below.

mjsottawa

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi DocZ:

Ironically, (or, perhaps, not, :p ) I run into this issue ALL THE TIME on iOS 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4S.

Here's the thing though:

It tells me I have anywhere from about 7-16 apps I have to update, and I know for a fact these are "apps" that all require iOS 7 to be installed.

As I am not planning to install iOS 7.x until more bugs have been squashed, this is a tremendous waste of my time.

It would be NICE if Apple updated iOS 6 OR the App Store remote servers so that these kinds of false messages DIDN'T appear and waste everyone's time clicking on useless things.

"Hi Apple Guys and Gals! Stop wasting our time!"

PLEASE??

Sincerely,

-Mark (mjsottawa)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2