Calendar: Sync working location with Mavericks

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone made this work: to create an appointment on your iPhone with an address, and get a working location display on Mavericks after the sync?

The other way around works: I can create easily an event with location on Mavericks, as it suggests me the good address and fills the field correctly.
But from iPhone to OS X, the address "format" (which is character by character the same than the one given by Mavericks) is not reckognized by Mavericks...

Anyone getting this working?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine work fine and appear as it should. I'll create a few more to see if I can replicate the problem.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Here are the steps to reproduce. Maybe it helps...

Create an event on iPhone
Name: Lunch

The event is created on the iPhone, the address is clickable and points correctly to the restaurant in Maps.
Now then, onto a Mac running Mavericks, the event details shows the address "as is", but not with the embedded map+weather, and thus the time to walk there can't be calculated automatically.

Can you reproduce it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here are the steps to reproduce. Maybe it helps...

Create an event on iPhone
Name: Lunch

The event is created on the iPhone, the address is clickable and points correctly to the restaurant in Maps.
Now then, onto a Mac running Mavericks, the event details shows the address "as is", but not with the embedded map+weather, and thus the time to walk there can't be calculated automatically.

Can you reproduce it?

You're absolutely right. I typed in the address you posted above and it did show up correctly with my MacBook's iCal app, but the address was not clickable to initiate the Maps app like it does with the iPhone. Furthermore, I've yet to find a setting that would enable it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods