My iphone 5c updated automatically in the middle of the night and I had to accept the install, when I did and it finished updating it shows invalid sim and also had pop up showing no network connection... any one else having this problem and how do I fix it..
    10-23-2013 05:49 AM
    Ok just talked to my network carrier and they said that the update messed up my sim and I have to take an apple store to replace it..just great.
    Lelouch Lelouch likes this.
    10-23-2013 07:28 AM
    Ok just talked to my network carrier and they said that the update messed up my sim and I have to take an apple store to replace it..just great.
    If it’s truly a SIM issue, why is your service provider sending you to Apple? Shouldn’t the service provider be able to get you a new SIM? Or is there more to the story that you haven’t shared? It’s not that I doubt what you are saying, but it doesn’t make sense that your wireless provider would send you to Apple for a SIM issue.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-23-2013 11:28 AM
    I had a sim go bad before apple took care of it .. But your carrier should be able to also
    10-23-2013 11:37 AM
    My iphone 5c updated automatically in the middle of the night and I had to accept the install,
    If you had to accept the install then you initiated the update.
    when I did and it finished updating it shows invalid sim and also had pop up showing no network connection... any one else having this problem
    I haven't experienced anything like this.
    and how do I fix it..
    Try doing either or both of the following:

1. Take out the SIM card and then reinsert it.
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Backup your device, put it in DFU mode and reinstall the update via iTunes
    10-23-2013 11:41 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem but I am using a Sprint iPhone 5 and am running CDMA. Any help?
    10-23-2013 07:13 PM
    That was my question to them, why do I have to take it to apple when they are the provider. And then after another call to them and I told them apple was a 2 hour drive to closest store they then said I could take to repair shop. Gave me closest one and once there the advised they were independent of sprint and would cost money to fix unless I went to a true sprint store. Never the less I removed sim replaced it and reset the settings and seems to be working now
    10-24-2013 08:45 AM
    I updated my 5s last night and everything is fine. I believe the SIM problem is a "wonky" SIM that is triggered with the update. And the Service Provider should provide the SIM exchange. Also there should have been two options: later and install on a pop-up after the download. I have auto-updates turned off, and I am wondering if this switch being toggled on might have caused the initial download on WiFi?
    10-24-2013 09:07 AM
    I have this problem with my iphone 5 and Sprint. Seems like the people with this problem all have Sprint. The phone was bought for my son, but has not been given to him yet. It's still stock, barely used, but was working perfectly before the update.

I think I'll personally stick with AT&T, and consider a different phone for myself if Apple and Sprint are going to blame each other, which seems to be the case from what I've seen so far.
    10-25-2013 03:36 PM
    Hello Guys there is a way to Fix , All you need to do is Reset your network settings!!!!
    Go to Setting
    General
    Reset
    Reset Network Setting

This will solve your problem!!!
    10-28-2013 11:29 AM
    The same happened to me. I updated my phone and my sim card suddenly went "invalid". I went to the Sprint store and they dont carry sim card so they told me to call customer support, I called them and they told me that they cannot send me a new SIM card. I called Apple, although helpful, they couldnt help me with a SIM card either. I ended up researching and I rebooted my iphone 5 to the previous update. ios7.0.2. Now my phone works perfect. I will not do another update again until this is resolved, or someone at SPrint or Apple can fix it.
    10-28-2013 04:11 PM
    The same happened to me. I updated my phone and my sim card suddenly went "invalid". I went to the Sprint store and they dont carry sim card so they told me to call customer support, I called them and they told me that they cannot send me a new SIM card. I called Apple, although helpful, they couldnt help me with a SIM card either. I ended up researching and I rebooted my iphone 5 to the previous update. ios7.0.2. Now my phone works perfect. I will not do another update again until this is resolved, or someone at SPrint or Apple can fix it.
    Hello. I am experiencing the same issue. How were you able to reboot the software to the previous update?
    10-31-2013 08:11 PM
    Search google to download 7.0.2. (eg 'Download 7.0.2 iphone 5 software')
    Then you simply hold down the alt (option) for Mac, 'Shift' for Windows, while clicking 'Check for Updates' in iTunes.
    Find the file and select it.

I've done this successfully in the past, however, iTunes won't allow me to do this now. An error message comes up saying my iphone isn't 'eligible for the requested build'.

I've been struggling without a phone for the last couple days, tried everything except going to Sprint & Apple -- no car in college.

Temporary solutions:
    1. I can use iMessage if I have wifi (which is pretty much always)
    2. Under 'General' in settings, I go to 'Reset', then 'Reset Network Settings' -- this allows me to use my phone to make calls/text for about 5-10 minutes.

This is absolutely the worst experience I've had with any phone company, Sprint is absolute garbage -- the problems I've endured definitely outweigh their positive aspects, personally. Cannot wait until my contract is over. (Although this may very well be Apple's fault -- happened after the 7.0.3 update)

Sprint/Apple must've hired this guy...running for their sinful service

Edit: Another couple hours wasted trying to manipulate versions of iTunes trying to downgrade software back to 7.0.2.
    Last edited by MikeO318; 11-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    11-03-2013 08:16 PM
    My phone started doing it again, so the backup reboot didnt work. I am canceling my contract with SPrint tomorrow if they cant help me. I am over them telling me they dont carry sim cards, they are a retail store
    11-04-2013 07:45 PM
    After updating to ios 7.0.4, my iphone 4.0 gave "invalid sim" message.
    I did backup and restore, put in DFU mode and restore, restart, remove the sim and reinsert etc.
    But it did not work.
    Spoke to Apple in support chat, after 1 hour of trouble shooting, they asked me to contact AT&T which unlocked my phone 2 years ago.
    I checked at IMEI.info, the device is locked.
    Spoke to AT&T submitted device unlock request, they rejected it.
    "The information provided does not match the information on the account."
    I am sure the information i gave is correct. Don't know what to do.

AT&T unlocked the phone 2 years ago and now they are locking it again. Very weird.
    11-19-2013 07:16 AM
    After speaking to AT&T support they verified my information and they unlocked my phone. Phone is working fine now.
    11-20-2013 05:58 AM