iOS 7.0.3 available

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification... and FWIW, I DON?T have the crashes if I use the passcode, even with TouchID enabled... it only happens when I use TouchID to unlock my phone...

And out of curiosity, are we the only ones experiencing this?

I'm hoping to get a 5S on Saturday so I'll let you know if I get one if I can replicate the same issue your having.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As the poet Dante said "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"... The genius at the Apple store cheerfully swapped out my iPhone 5S... we did the restore and on the way home, I got bit by the same bug. Grrrrr. It is definitely something in 7.0.3...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
As the poet Dante said "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"... The genius at the Apple store cheerfully swapped out my iPhone 5S... we did the restore and on the way home, I got bit by the same bug. Grrrrr. It is definitely something in 7.0.3...

That sucks, but at least we know it's not hardware now. Even though Apple says they never heard of it, I can't bet the buttload of diagnostic reports coming their way from all the 5s' that crash say otherwise. I bet 7.0.4 will be out right quick...

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
That sucks, but at least we know it's not hardware now. Even though Apple says they never heard of it, I can't bet the buttload of diagnostic reports coming their way from all the 5s' that crash say otherwise. I bet 7.0.4 will be out right quick...

and that is the reason I implore people to set diagnostic & usage data to automatically send to Apple.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
and that is the reason I implore people to set diagnostic & usage data to automatically send to Apple.

I don't know why they don't. I have looked at the reports before, they contain no personal info. They only contain process info and crash reports. You can also disable location services for it and make it even more impersonal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I don't know why they don't. I have looked at the reports before, they contain no personal info. They only contain process info and crash reports. You can also disable location services for it and make it even more impersonal.

I totally agree... people should share the diagnostics with Apple.

After looking at the Diagnostics reports (Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data > ), even though I wasn’t able to make it crash for the Genius Bar rep, he saw how frequently it was crashing. My point is is that there is a lot of info there... so Apple should have a butt-load of data to support our situation.

There are a couple of threads on the Apple discussion site, as well:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23484886#23484886
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23481253#23481253

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree... people should share the diagnostics with Apple.

After looking at the Diagnostics reports (Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostics & Usage Data > ), even though I wasn?t able to make it crash for the Genius Bar rep, he saw how frequently it was crashing. My point is is that there is a lot of info there... so Apple should have a butt-load of data to support our situation.

There are a couple of threads on the Apple discussion site, as well:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23484886#23484886
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23481253#23481253

I do find it funny that Apple is playing stupid with whomever contacts them with the issue.

Either way, it's a biggie. The diagnostic reports should already be in the hands of their software engineers and I expect we should see an update with a fix pretty quick.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do find it funny that Apple is playing stupid with whomever contacts them with the issue.

Either way, it's a biggie. The diagnostic reports should already be in the hands of their software engineers and I expect we should see an update with a fix pretty quick.

I am curious about one setting. The threads on the Apple discussion site specifically mention having the Reduce Motion setting ON (effectively turning off parallax). I also had done this when it became available in iOS 7.0.3... just wondering what your setting for Reduce Motion is... just for grins, I turned the Reduce Motion setting OFF just about an hour ago... going to try it for a day or so and see if there is a connection...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am curious about one setting. The threads on the Apple discussion site specifically mention having the Reduce Motion setting ON (effectively turning off parallax). I also had done this when it became available in iOS 7.0.3... just wondering what your setting for Reduce Motion is... just for grins, I turned the Reduce Motion setting OFF just about an hour ago... going to try it for a day or so and see if there is a connection...

Mine has been ON since I got my phone. I can't stand Parallax, lol.

I have also been reading that holding your thumb on the sensor for a second after it unlocks also solves it, so who knows, lol.

Maybe it has something to do with the fade in effect+unlocking.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been ON since I got my phone. I can't stand Parallax, lol.

I have also been reading that holding your thumb on the sensor for a second after it unlocks also solves it, so who knows, lol.

Maybe it has something to do with the fade in effect+unlocking.

Interesting. Until Apple fixes whatever is causing it, it appears to be a choice between parallax and springboard crash. I even went to the point of turning off the TouchID, but really missed it. Missed it more than living with either parallax or springboard crash.

I am supposed to get a follow up call tomorrow morning from the "Senior Advisor" with whom I spoke yesterday. These findings will most definitely be a part of our conversation. BTW, I had not seen/read that holding your thumb/finger over the sensor a bit longer helped prevent the crashes...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
BTW, I had not seen/read that holding your thumb/finger over the sensor a bit longer helped prevent the crashes...

Someone reported that in the Apple threads that you linked me, lol.

I turned Touch ID back on with Reduce Motion ON like I normally have it, but am holding my thumb longer now to see if that indeed makes a difference.

Please let me know what Apple says if they actually call you back. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone reported that in the Apple threads that you linked me, lol.

I turned Touch ID back on with Reduce Motion ON like I normally have it, but am holding my thumb longer now to see if that indeed makes a difference.

Please let me know what Apple says if they actually call you back. :)

I just did a light perusal of those threads to get the gist of the threads... should have read more closely. LOL.

Will definitely will report back if/when I hear back from the Apple tech. In the meantime, please let me know how your testing/experiment goes...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just did a light perusal of those threads to get the gist of the threads... should have read more closely. LOL.

Will definitely will report back if/when I hear back from the Apple tech. In the meantime, please let me know how your testing/experiment goes...

So far holding my thumb down longer seems to be working, but we'll see lol.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So far holding my thumb down longer seems to be working, but we'll see lol.

I heard back from Apple this afternoon. I told him about both approaches - turning Reduce Motion back off... and holding your finger/thumb on the button a bit longer... he documented both in the problem report to the engineer... hopefully there will be a quick fix.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I heard back from Apple this afternoon. I told him about both approaches - turning Reduce Motion back off... and holding your finger/thumb on the button a bit longer... he documented both in the problem report to the engineer... hopefully there will be a quick fix.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I had one crash/restart today and it was when I lifted my finger off the Touch ID pretty quickly. Who knows if that had anything to do with it.

Other than that, no crashes.

veacha

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
After i updated my iphone 5 to version 7.0.2, I have error with checking balance and refill balance, it means that i cannot type the code *....*, or *.....#,....when i tried to check balance or refill balance it always said cannot call to this number.

So, i want to ask all of you that if i update it to ios 7.0.3, it will fix with my problem or not ?

Please help me

Thanks in advance for your kindly help.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
iOS 7.0.3 is unbelievably unstable. My phone can cook an egg it's so hot. Battery life is about 2 hours. Time for 7.0.4. Now.

That is not normal.
Have you gone through your settings to turn off things like gps/location tracking that you aren't using?
Notifications?
Maybe reinstall the OS?

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery has also been atrocious. Sometimes it just dies with like 25% left. Charge it 2-3 times per day. Granted, I am a fairly heavy user but still, it was never this bad on ios6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2