iOS 7.0.3 available

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Restored and set up as new. I forgot how much I hated doing that, lol.

Odd. My Touch ID is slightly slower to read my print now. It's still fine, but not instantaneous like before. Oh well, I'll take the slight delay if it means I don't get any Springboard crashes right after, lol.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As noted in an earlier post, I thought my battery life was suspect, and even with closing Facebook and other apps, the battery still plummeted. I just did a reset, but as I was typing this, my phone suddenly crashed and shut down - went from 35 to 18 to 0 in the span of 5 minutes. I'm beyond frustrated at this point. This didn't happen before 7.0.3, I know that much. :confused:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok. After some experimenting, I have narrowed the crash issue to Touch ID. If I use it, it always crashes at some point. If I disable it and use passcode, no crashes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Awww crap. The crashing started with 7.0.3, I think it's a software issue. It was working perfectly the entire time on 7.0.2.

Again, that was my experience. My springboard doesn’t crash every time I use the TouchID function to unlock my phone... but it only crashes AFTER I unlock my phone with TouchID. Even after reinstalling iOS 7.0.3 and setting it up as new, I have had the springboard crash two or three times today.

I agree that it’s a software glitch...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Again, that was my experience. My springboard doesn?t crash every time I use the TouchID function to unlock my phone... but it only crashes AFTER I unlock my phone with TouchID. Even after reinstalling iOS 7.0.3 and setting it up as new, I have had the springboard crash two or three times today.

I agree that it?s a software glitch...

Mine crashes right after i unlock. Just as the home screen appears. Not often, but once it does....it crashes repeatedly (when I unlock) until I reboot.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine crashes right after i unlock. Just as the home screen appears. Not often, but once it does....it crashes repeatedly (when I unlock) until I reboot.

I have not seen the "repeated" crash. After it crashes the first time, I can open and use the phone without incident using either the passcode or the TouchID to unlock the phone... until the screen goes back to sleep.

I made an appointment at the Genius Bar for this afternoon... but as I was messing with my phone this morning, it crashed again. After stomping my feet and throwing a fit, I called Apple support and spoke with a phone rep who had never heard of the issue. After going through the process, he escalated my call to a Senior Advisor who then spoke with an engineer. Neither of them had heard of the issue and was quite interested in my experience. They advised that I keep the Genius Bar appointment and the Sr Advisor suggested that they would most likely want to "capture" my device.

He also promised a followup call on Saturday to update me on the status of this issue. We will see...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen the "repeated" crash. After it crashes the first time, I can open and use the phone without incident using either the passcode or the TouchID to unlock the phone... until the screen goes back to sleep.

I made an appointment at the Genius Bar for this afternoon... but as I was messing with my phone this morning, it crashed again. After stomping my feet and throwing a fit, I called Apple support and spoke with a phone rep who had never heard of the issue. After going through the process, he escalated my call to a Senior Advisor who then spoke with an engineer. Neither of them had heard of the issue and was quite interested in my experience. They advised that I keep the Genius Bar appointment and the Sr Advisor suggested that they would most likely want to "capture" my device.

He also promised a followup call on Saturday to update me on the status of this issue. We will see...

Interesting. I just want to clarify that by repeatedly, I mean every time I unlock , not repeatedly as I'm using it. It crashes when I use Touch ID, springboard restarts, I use Touch ID to unlock again...repeat.

Basically exactly what you just stated. Once it crashes, it's fine until the next time it goes to sleep and I unlock it.

Still haven't had a single crash since I disabled Touch ID...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I just want to clarify that by repeatedly, I mean every time I unlock , not repeatedly as I'm using it.

Basically exactly what you just stated. Once it crashes, it's fine until the next time it goes to sleep and I unlock it.

Still haven't had a single crash since I disabled Touch ID...

Thanks for the clarification... and FWIW, I DON’T have the crashes if I use the passcode, even with TouchID enabled... it only happens when I use TouchID to unlock my phone...

And out of curiosity, are we the only ones experiencing this?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification... and FWIW, I DON?T have the crashes if I use the passcode, even with TouchID enabled... it only happens when I use TouchID to unlock my phone...

And out of curiosity, are we the only ones experiencing this?

Yea, so it must be the actual use of Touch ID, regardless of whether it's on or not. Bad driver maybe?