My iphone 5 appears to have frozen and says I need to connect to itunes. I don't have a lap top with itunes on it! Help - what do I do? Tried turning on and off but same screen.

Wait how do you have the phone working and survived this long withOUT iTunes? It's like the blood work it needs. Anyway you need a computer bro. Go to a friend's house and set it up there. I don't think there's a way to do it without iTunes honestly. OR you could just hard reset it and turn it back on.. but if everything is gone, you would need iTunes to get everything back quickly.
    10-23-2013 03:42 PM
    It's all via icloud and in my iPad. Do I just connect to a lap top then and download itunes? What will happen to my songs
    10-23-2013 03:45 PM
    It's all via icloud and in my iPad. Do I just connect to a lap top then and download itunes? What will happen to my songs

Well I'm guessing you bought ALL your songs via iTunes correct? If so then you'll be fine. At worst you'll just have to download them again but they are tied to your account and would never leave you. If you didn't buy them then .... like you got them from another site - youtube2mp3- then you've lost those songs. Then again you said you don't have a laptop.. so I'm guessing you bought all your songs. You'll be fine man.
    10-23-2013 03:48 PM
    Just trying it now - I will report back my friend
    10-23-2013 03:51 PM
    You found a laptop that fast?
    10-23-2013 03:52 PM
    Yeah - my daughter! Do I restore to factory settings then now
    10-23-2013 03:53 PM
    I would, just to be safe.
    10-23-2013 03:54 PM
    Speak soon
    10-23-2013 03:56 PM
    Awesome - back and running. Really appreciate your help. Thank you
    10-23-2013 04:03 PM
    Loaded it on my iPhone 4 and it looks like they added the Reduce Motion for it now (the option didn't appear before like it did on my iPhone 5). So I'm happy I'm able to turn off the bouncy stuff.
    10-23-2013 04:14 PM
    My battery life on 7.0.2 was spectacular... i could go all day easily and still have 20-30% battery remaining...

Same here!! Until I loaded BBM. Even on .3. Deleted BBM and seems to be better. Time will tell.
    10-23-2013 04:30 PM
    people just don't know that they can/have to turn off some "new" options, where GPS(location) is working most of the time.. draining battery.... In my case battery life is better than iOS 6 in iPhone 5,
    Not necessarily true. iOS 7.0.3 available-imageuploadedbytapatalk1382564323.293239.jpg
    I have turned off all the new animation features, tweaked my settings, etc. this was today's usage. I was on wifi the whole time, used my phone for messaging, a little Facebook, set a couple appts in the calendar, and made two phone calls of less than 5 minutes each. Darn right I'm complaining about battery life. iOS 7 seems to have rendered my 5 almost useless.
    10-23-2013 05:40 PM
    What the hell? I do WAY more than that, like always playing my music while making calls and answering texts. And mine i5 last at LEAST 8 hours within the day. And that's with locational services on. D:

iOS 7.0.3 available-img_0256.png

And I had to plug it in for my pic to get on the computer.
    10-23-2013 05:49 PM
    What the hell? I do WAY more than that, like always playing my music while making calls and answering texts. And mine i5 last at LEAST 8 hours within the day. And that's with locational services on. D:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0256.PNG 
Views:	84 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	40774

And I had to plug it in for my pic to get on the computer.
    My 4s won't last with over 5 hours of usage
    10-23-2013 06:32 PM
    Battery has definitely improved (at least for me) on the 5S after the update. Smoothness improvements all around. Nice update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-23-2013 06:37 PM
    I love this new feature! Great update from what I've seen so far.
    Love the fade in/out, and the web search from spotlight. Saving wifi passwords will be great too, if it works the way I hope it does!
    10-23-2013 06:40 PM
    Just tried! When is hooked to pc after installation, everything looks ok but once unplugged just after few seconds crashes! Not that I care much about Facebook, but makes me mad when something doesn't work after update!!! I don't think it is a phone since everything else works fine. Hmmm!
    10-23-2013 07:39 PM
    Just tried! When is hooked to pc after installation, everything looks ok but once unplugged just after few seconds crashes! Not that I care much about Facebook, but makes me mad when something doesn't work after update!!! I don't think it is a phone since everything else works fine. Hmmm!
    Sorry you're having problems. I don't know what it could be.
    10-23-2013 07:43 PM
    itunes said my ipad was in recovery mode and asked me to restore it. If I restore it will it go back to way i had it an hour ago, or will all data be deleted. if so, does the ipad continuously back up to the icloud so i can restore it from that?
    10-23-2013 07:53 PM
    Sorry you're having problems. I don't know what it could be.
    Can't be phone. That's for sure. On update screen still showing Facebook update, would like to delete that as well but it doesn't budge. I guess I should delete alltogether.
    10-23-2013 07:58 PM
    Not seeing OTA - getting via iTunes right now..

iOS 7.0.3

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
    Apple security updates
    I still haven't downloaded mine yet. I like to back my iPhone up before I install a new version of anything just in case...but when I opened my iTunes I had an update in there as well. So I proceeded to update my iTunes only to come across error after error. I'm now starting to freak out just a bit because if there's so many error's coming up and I can't even update my iTunes what makes me want to upgrade my iPhone. I also noticed that my "Bonjour" that was needed for both my iPhone and iTunes to work together was missing. So once again I'm back to trying to get my iTunes to update or something...but I kept getting this error when it was trying to update and I just figured out what that is and I'll take care of that tomorrow. But my main concern is that very bottom part about the security content. I've read thru the entire thing...and I'm extremely confused what we're supposed to do with the Security PGP Key? Maybe if my iTunes would have loaded with no issues at hand it would have explained it for me but I am confused and that's where you come in Here's the link that you get after clicking that very last part there...Hope this helps someone...anyone...lol...just need to explain to me what it all means in english please

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
    10-23-2013 08:56 PM
    My iphone 5 appears to have frozen and says I need to connect to itunes. I don't have a lap top with itunes on it! Help - what do I do? Tried turning on and off but same screen.
    If you can get to a computer, download Tinyumbrella. Open it up with the phone connected and choose "exit recovery".

My wife's iPad did that when I updated it and I just kicked it out of recovery and it rebooted/finished install fine.
    10-23-2013 09:59 PM
    itunes said my ipad was in recovery mode and asked me to restore it. If I restore it will it go back to way i had it an hour ago, or will all data be deleted. if so, does the ipad continuously back up to the icloud so i can restore it from that?
    See my post about Tinyumbrella.
    10-23-2013 10:00 PM
    so i recently updated my iphone 4s to the IOS 7.0.3 and whenever i use for example twitter or instagram, it tells me to connect to itunes to receive push notifications. If someone could help more out that would really be appreciated, thank you !!
    10-23-2013 10:47 PM
    Not necessarily true. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382564323.293239.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	40773
    I have turned off all the new animation features, tweaked my settings, etc. this was today's usage. I was on wifi the whole time, used my phone for messaging, a little Facebook, set a couple appts in the calendar, and made two phone calls of less than 5 minutes each. Darn right I'm complaining about battery life. iOS 7 seems to have rendered my 5 almost useless.
    That is horrible, and in my opinion, something isn't right.

If you haven't already, I'd try a restore and set up as new.

No one I know with an iPhone 5 has battery life that bad.
    BLiNK likes this.
    10-23-2013 10:52 PM
253 ... 45678 ...