Just came back to iOs 7 after being on Android for the last few years. One thing I loved from Android was every app either had or you could select a specific tone, which allowed me to know what it was without even looking at the phone. I've checked all over my 5s and it doesn't seem possible, tried googling and saw nothing as well so I figured I'd ask. Is it possible? I've noticed certain apps like Sportacular and I believe Yahoo mail have there own tone but most of em just use the same one. Facebook half the time doesn't even make a noise.
    10-16-2013 11:57 PM
    It really depends on the app. Some apps allow you to change the notification tones while others limit you directly to what has been preinstalled.
    10-17-2013 12:10 AM
    It depends on the app. Many of the apps that I use have their own tones and some contain multiple selections within the apps.
    10-17-2013 09:30 AM
    Just came back to iOs 7 after being on Android for the last few years. One thing I loved from Android was every app either had or you could select a specific tone, which allowed me to know what it was without even looking at the phone. I've checked all over my 5s and it doesn't seem possible, tried googling and saw nothing as well so I figured I'd ask. Is it possible? I've noticed certain apps like Sportacular and I believe Yahoo mail have there own tone but most of em just use the same one. Facebook half the time doesn't even make a noise.
    Custom app sounds are app developer dependent. The Facebook never makes sounds. Even if they are turned on FB appears to not actually have a sound behind it to play. Facebook messenger makes the pop sound. All the things you can set custom sounds for are found in settings. You can also set different sounds for different email accounts in the native mail app.
    10-17-2013 03:36 PM
    I see. Thank's for the info guys.
    10-17-2013 11:33 PM