I have tried 3 apps so far... I have not been able to obtain a Google voice phone number. So there are at least a couple of apps that require google voice... I also tried using my provider's phone number but that did not work. I want to be able to communicate with my android contacts and such. Is there a paid, easy to use app that let's you text, send SMS and perhaps even call the contact on your tablet?
    10-16-2013 10:51 PM
    You could try Whatsapp or Textie. But why can't you get a Google Voice number?
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-16-2013 11:59 PM
    its depending on you which type of os you have u and which is comfortable to u there wer many apps avail in market with across os
    whatspp ,wechat , viber , skype ,hangout , tango , ooVoo , fring , camfrog , try out this sure will help u
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:47 AM
    TextPlus, Talkatone are some additional options. Or simply an IM app like IM+ or Beejive.
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-17-2013 08:12 AM
    You could try Whatsapp or Textie. But why can't you get a Google Voice number?
    I have tried numerous ways to get a google number but they do not have any available. I tried at least 25 different combinations where they ask for a area code, zip code or city, I also tried phrases and other numbers...
    I tried getting it thru my current phone provider's number, but I was afraid that either my provider or google or both would start charging me for calls, texts etc...

I am familiar with whatsapp, I will check textie as well.
    Thank you.
    10-17-2013 03:54 PM
    its depending on you which type of os you have u and which is comfortable to u there wer many apps avail in market with across os
    whatspp ,wechat , viber , skype ,hangout , tango , ooVoo , fring , camfrog , try out this sure will help u
    I am familiar with Whatsup, skype, ooVoo (which is similar to Skype), camfrog.. will have to check the others... My new op system, is OS7, and, most, if not all of my friends have only android phones...
    Thank you...
    10-17-2013 03:57 PM
    TextPlus, Talkatone are some additional options. Or simply an IM app like IM+ or Beejive.
    I will check those as well. Thank you!

Thank you everyone! You have all been very helpful to me...
    10-17-2013 03:59 PM
    OK... Just d'l and installed textie, but I think it does not allow for SMS messages, or does it?
    10-17-2013 04:16 PM
    I guess some if not all of the apps are mostly for the iphone. I should've explain that I have an ipad mini... I will keep checking though.. (Thanks again for the leads)
    10-17-2013 04:23 PM
    OK... Just d'l and installed textie, but I think it does not allow for SMS messages, or does it?
    It does—that is what it was made to do. Doesn't work with tmobile or sprint though. (Or Google Voice.) see more here:
    Borange Free Text Messaging
    10-17-2013 04:41 PM
    It does—that is what it was made to do. Doesn't work with tmobile or sprint though. (Or Google Voice.) see more here:
    Borange Free Text Messaging
    Yep.. Does not work with Sprint. Thanks for following up with me... I owe you...
    10-17-2013 04:52 PM
    Yep.. Does not work with Sprint. Thanks for following up with me... I owe you...
    Ah, didn't know you were on Sprint, sorry. For others I'd definitely recommend checking it out: How To Send SMS From Your iPad
    10-17-2013 04:54 PM
    okay friedn u r using ios7 wow its pretty good os ..don't worry you many options for that also ,
    imo , text free , Text Me , Whistle Phone , icall , yuilop , Bobsled Calling , Fring , i hope you will get right app and helping you .. also give feedback on it so we can help others bro.

its also depending on ur network plans whatever you are using its conclude is it avail or not ?
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:38 AM
    Has anyone tried Kik ? I've been using it since my BlackBerry days .
    10-18-2013 04:40 PM
    Has anyone tried Kik ? I've been using it since my BlackBerry days .
    It's ok.
    10-18-2013 11:35 PM