iOS 7 , who designed this mess?

djstarion

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I really love iOS 7, especially with what developers are doing with it and just how beautiful and artistic apps can look, like Circa, App in the Air and Studio.

I'm just waiting for one more holdout to update for iOS 7 and I'll be 100% happy *coughTweetbotcough*

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, following IrishRose's post I must say I do like the new Android-esque style multitasking switcher that is on iOS 7 now. It is from the top of my head the most efficient way to kill task thus far on iOS. But besides that, I didn't see any implementations function-wise that made me feel things were made faster or more convenient.

Plus the search bar, the one where you flick the home screen down and search for stuff, doesn't have search on Google or the Web as an option, so to me if they did that, I would give iOS7 another plus point.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
@speedygi that feature was there in iOS 6. I can't imagine why they removed that feature, unless it was one of those 'patent' avoidance changes. I hope not - I really want to see it come back. I hate having to launch Safari to do it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
@speedygi that feature was there in iOS 6. I can't imagine why they removed that feature, unless it was one of those 'patent' avoidance changes. I hope not - I really want to see it come back. I hate having to launch Safari to do it.

+1. I also used to use the spotlight for google search as well and miss that feature now too...hopefully it can make a come back at some point in time:)

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A few thoughts:

1. Wired magazine actually featured this search for app function in their pages, and in my mind, I thought wow they took the old search bar and made it accessible anywhere on the home screen. I thought wonderful, but little did I know Wired only made clear apps and contacts were the ones you could search for, among other things but not including search on Google or the web. It was misleading journalism.

2. It was low hanging fruit , and I thought if they could do it in iOS 6 I didn't see why they couldn't do it in 7. It felt a little suspect to me, like Ive purposely didn't want the feature put there.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't disagree more, I love the aesthetics of iOS 7, the snappiness, polished feel and the new features.

There used to be a time when I would vehemently agree with you but that was during my dark time with Android LOL.

I would say you are in the minority of people who don't like iOS 7 but that's you're prerogative and if something doesn't make you happy you have every right to say so.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.

Best IOS 7 review ever... that's how it's done ..

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.

How does notes look like an old fashion typewrite? Me so confused.
Don't see how the keyboard has anything to do with North Korea? LOL.
Didn't know icons could be cheap could you please show us an expensive icon?

Have you seen the new phone and camera icons for KitKat? Now those are 'cheap' looking icons.

iHalifax

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I simply love it and gave the iPhone and iPad a complete new feel. Flat design is the way to go and I'm glad Apple jumped on ship quickly and most importantly with a bang!

Carsten Beumelburg

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you! The interface isn't great. It does look very flat. -Kind of like a "50 look". The music player has changed for the worse. Battery life has gone down also. However, I am talking about the interface look and not of the functionality. I don't care if 30 Million viewers disagree or whether or not Apple will make changes> Not everyone has to agree because the majority does. It is called "Freedom of Expression" and it is a wonderful thing! Yes, I made a similar statement about the interface in my first own statement! Duplication? Sure, why not, you don't have to read it!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR