iOS 7 , who designed this mess?

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.

Troll account? 1 post?

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore App

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So Apple used to be cool. Their stuff had a feel and look about it. ios7 is anything but cool. The icons are cheap, notes looks like an old fashion typewriter, the keyboard has a design that North Korea would be proud of. Don't get me stared on the glitches. Just try and change between camera and video mmmmmm nope won' t do it all the time. I know Apple will fix these bugs but please..... Bring back the cool aspect too !! I don't want my Gramma's phone.

I disagree with you almost completely. Yes there are a few bugs to work out, as is the case with any new OS. By the way, your grandmother must be pretty cool!

bb10_fan

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Not an answer to this thread, yet not a tolling post :) I have a question - is it safe/wise to update an iPhone 4S to iOS 7 or better wait till major bugs (what are they btw) are fixed? My wife has an iPhone 4S and it's a while she asks me to upgrade the OS, but I read there are some bugs in iOS 7 that may corrupt experience. Thanks

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The aesthetics of ios 7 are not an issue that I have with the OS. The stability of everything tied to the OS is. Typos are more abundant now, it's almost like the keys on the keyboard are shifted a few mm's, apps are constantly crashing, Apple apps, and the overall experience makes me feel like I'm carrying an android in my pocket. It's frustrating, if this is the experience I'm going to have I should at least have a 6 inch screen. Just saying.

Sent through time and space via NSA Prism proxy for your adulterated viewing pleasure.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not an answer to this thread, yet not a tolling post :) I have a question - is it safe/wise to update an iPhone 4S to iOS 7 or better wait till major bugs (what are they btw) are fixed? My wife has an iPhone 4S and it's a while she asks me to upgrade the OS, but I read there are some bugs in iOS 7 that may corrupt experience. Thanks

The longer you wait the more the bugs will be worked out, if your wife is happy with what she has now then I wouldn't bother right away.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree that iOS6 now looks dated... but I dont think iOS7 is the way of the future. Is this an interface and layout that can last 5 years? IMO, no. But its a good starting point to be tweaked

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iOS7 a mess?!? Are you freakin kidding me ?!? Nope, not in the least bit. I'm totally enjoying the whole OS experience and I welcome all the changes under the hood and cosmetically that Apple has put together with this update. :yes: Will I say it's perfect....no, with any new OS the little glitches have to be worked out little by little. I'm ok with that:)

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I find it funny that everyone here is so quick to bash android about being unstable, not user friendly etc.. But when Apple releases a iOS
that is clearly not ready the answer is... Apple with fix it give them time. Guys maybe they rushed out an os that was not ready to be released.

Any os that can cause the newest and best iphone to blue screen is not ready for releash. There is problems with iOS7, its not that big of a deal for most people,
but you cant deny that there are problems with the os. And the fact that they will not allow you to run iOS 6 is asinine.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
To each his own, there's millions that will disagree with you. And I'm one them.

Me too. There might be some things I would like to change but...it's a great update. Haven't had any difficulties with my iP5 (after the iMessage thing got fixed). Strange that the OP hasn't posted anything else... Hmmm.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny that everyone here is so quick to bash android about being unstable, not user friendly etc..
Let's be real here. "Everyone here" is not quick to bash or even bash Android.
But when Apple releases a iOS
that is clearly not ready the answer is... Apple with fix it give them time.
That's true to a point, and that point is this: saying iOS 7 is "clearly not ready" is subjective at best. A lot of us who aren't having any issues with it clearly think that it is ready. Know what I mean?
Guys maybe they rushed out an os that was not ready to be released.
Some people will agree with this statement and some will not. It's all good.

Any os that can cause the newest and best iphone to blue screen is not ready for release.
Fortunately, me and a lot of others have yet to experience the blue screen you're referring to. Are we to say that it's not ready for release?
There is problems with iOS7, its not that big of a deal for most people,
but you cant deny that there are problems with the os.
the first part is clearly true, and regarding the second part, I will agree that there are people who are having problems with iOS 7 and there are people who aren't.
And the fact that they will not allow you to run iOS 6 is asinine.
You can indeed run iOS 6, but if you upgrade to iOS 7, you cannot revert back.

Jamalaya

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
For the same reason why my child, who just said "momma" is the smartest child on the block :) . same reason why ~Android people call us iSheep :) baaaaaah

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny that everyone here is so quick to bash android about being unstable, not user friendly etc.. But when Apple releases a iOS
that is clearly not ready the answer is... Apple with fix it give them time. Guys maybe they rushed out an os that was not ready to be released.

Any os that can cause the newest and best iphone to blue screen is not ready for releash. There is problems with iOS7, its not that big of a deal for most people,
but you cant deny that there are problems with the os. And the fact that they will not allow you to run iOS 6 is asinine.

By the time Android has a release "ready" your device could very well be end of life.

Android is nowhere near stable no OS is 100% stable. There are no bigger problems with IOS than any other new release.

You got to let a new software into the wild. There is no way that Apple or any company can test a OS in every situation with every app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the record, there are people out there who are having problems with iOS 7, and those people have every right to be upset about it, especially if the problems are causing major inconveniences. Having said that, there are those of us who aren't having any issues with it at all, and we will not stand idly by and be lumped together as if EVERYONE is having problems or are unhappy with iOS 7. I, and many others, cannot understand why various people are having issues with their devices. Many of us have a long history of going out of our way to help people fix the problems they're having to the best of our ability, and it's frustrating when we sometimes can't because we want their devices to work without issues like our do. With that in mind, if you have an iPhone and are having problems with it, tell us the problems you are having so that we can try our best to help you overcome them. As an ambassador and a moderator for this great site, I am here to help - not because I have to, but because I want to. Period. We, like you, are also members who, like you, have the ability to express our opinions. You will like some of our opinions and you will dislike some of our opinions and vice versa. Finally, I won't EVER tell you that the device you opted to use is a piece of crap, and you're a friggin' moron for buying it so please don't tell it to me or anyone else. Why you chose to like a particular device is YOUR business. If you feel the need to try a different device, that's YOUR business. If you feel that iOS 7 is not for you, okay, switch to a different one. That is not being disrespectful. It's reminding you that you have other options available to you that may be best suited for you. The iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, MacBook and iOS are not for everybody, and you may be one of those people. So be it. Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant...(laughing)....but I do feel better...:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For the record, there are people out there who are having problems with iOS 7, and those people have every right to be upset about it, especially if the problems are causing major inconveniences. Having said that, there are those of us who aren't having any issues with it at all, and we will not stand idly by and be lumped together as if EVERYONE is having problems or are unhappy with iOS 7. I, and many others, cannot understand why various people are having issues with their devices. Many of us have a long history of going out of our way to help people fix the problems they're having to the best of our ability, and it's frustrating when we sometimes can't because we want their devices to work without issues like our do. With that in mind, if you have an iPhone and are having problems with it, tell us the problems you are having so that we can try our best to help you overcome them. As an ambassador and a moderator for this great site, I am here to help - not because I have to, but because I want to. Period. We, like you, are also members who, like you, have the ability to express our opinions. You will like some of our opinions and you will dislike some of our opinions and vice versa. Finally, I won't EVER tell you that the device you opted to use is a piece of crap, and you're a friggin' moron for buying it so please don't tell it to me or anyone else. Why you chose to like a particular device is YOUR business. If you feel the need to try a different device, that's YOUR business. If you feel that iOS 7 is not for you, okay, switch to a different one. That is not being disrespectful. It's reminding you that you have other options available to you that may be best suited for you. The iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, MacBook and iOS are not for everybody, and you may be one of those people. So be it. Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant...(laughing)....but I do feel better...:)

D, if that was a rant, then rant on, my man. Rant on. Well said.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So if a moderator, who I think is supposed to be at least somewhat of an impartial enforcer of forum rules makes a somewhat insulting remark about the OP rather than the content of the post, followed by "likes" from another moderator, am I safe to assume that similar remarks made by me will also go free of infractions or warnings? (contrary to what actually happens in practice?) Or is there a separate set of standards?

For example, if I had made a remark along the lines of "this post is rubbish, OP has one post, what a joke" AND the OP (or anyone else for that matter) hit the 'report' button, odds are extremely good that I would receive at the minimum a warning. And the post would be removed. So I'm wondering if this is no longer the case since the moderators in this thread are engaging in that kind of activity. Just like to know where we stand now is all.

What will happen if I report the post now? :confused:

Rule9, as Moderators here at iMore, we are held to the same standards and rules as regular members of this forum. That being said, going forward here I would ask that you or any one else please send a PM to either (John Yester) View Profile: John Yester - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com, or (James Falconer) View Profile: James Falconer - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com with any questions or concerns that you might have regarding a Moderators actions instead of posting about it on the public forum like this. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe Apple created the iOS 7 update based on what a persons perception of what "Cool" should be. As far as iOS goes it always was and always will be about the ease of use and functionality. From reading your post here, it appears to me that you are frustrated over the new look as well as a few bugs that you may or may not have experienced personally. There have been 2 updates so far to fix certain issues and I am sure there will be many more, knowing how Apple is quick to remedy any problems within their OS. I can't speak for you, but as far as I'm concerned I would much rather have a stable and reliable OS that gets updates when needed VS an OS that is designed based on looks alone and never receives timely updates to fix known problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods