Now that's scary!

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
How did it know??

6 days a week at basically the same time, I drive over to see my brother who is in a long term care facility. Today I was about to head over there and decided to quickly check my phone (5) first, and just on a whim I swiped down on the main screen to check the calendar. I was shocked when above the calendar was, "right now it will take you 8 minutes to drive to xxxx (the street address of the care facility). "

What the ???

What in the phone or apps is keeping track of my movements so close that it knew in all probability that I would be momentarily heading to that location? I also checked the screen when I got to the facility and it had changed to tell me how long it would take to get back home.

Now that's a little scary!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How did it know??

6 days a week at basically the same time, I drive over to see my brother who is in a long term care facility. Today I was about to head over there and decided to quickly check my phone (5) first, and just on a whim I swiped down on the main screen to check the calendar. I was shocked when above the calendar was, "right now it will take you 8 minutes to drive to xxxx (the street address of the care facility). "

What the ???

What in the phone or apps is keeping track of my movements so close that it knew in all probability that I would be momentarily heading to that location? I also checked the screen when I got to the facility and it had changed to tell me how long it would take to get back home.

Now that's a little scary!

It's frequent locations and next destination it's a ios 7 feature

ctdog

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I never knew this feature existed! I think it's kinda neat, but-does it suck up data? Meaning, when I leave home & wifi, will it use data to calculate where I'm going once I'm not on wifi? It would not be fun to get hit with a big bill due to data overage.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see this info? Was it in the notification center, or Apple maps? Sounds cool

Sent from my iPhone 5 iMore App

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine still don't work .. Last time it did was in beta .. Hopefully apple makes a fix .. I cleared my history yesterday so maybe that will fix it I'll wait and see

It's a pretty cool feature, idk, why it's not working for everyone. But sure there will be a fix.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I will take quite a few visits to set up a pattern that iOS will notice. It took about two weeks of back and forth to work before it started to show up on my notification centre.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW