Hello all,

My wife and I have shared iCloud calendars. When I make an update to my calender, she receives an alert letting her know that I've entered something into the calendar. However, when she enters something into the calendar, I do not get a pushed alert. The alert doesn't pop up until I've opened the calendar, which makes the alert feature pretty pointless. I have Shared Calendar Alerts set to on in my settings. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I should note that I've had this problem since iOS 6.
    10-08-2013 03:21 PM
    My wife, daughter and I share a work calendar in which I input our daughter's work schedule on my device and they view it on theirs. I send her a message asking her to make a minor edit to today's calendar to see if I can replicate your issue. When she does, I'll update this post with the findings.

UPDATE: I received a reply to my iMessage, and a few seconds later, I received the alert regarding a change in the shared calendar so I don't know what to tell you, except maybe reboot your device and/or delete the calendar account and then reconfigure it.

Shared Calendar Alerts-photo-oct-08-3-37-13-pm.png
    estroh likes this.
    10-08-2013 03:35 PM
    Go into iCloud dot com and check on the left hand side for the calendar you are looking at and see if the alert is set to go off. I think that's it if I'm not mistaken.
    10-08-2013 10:45 PM
    Figured it out, and I feel rather silly for not noticing it before. Under Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars, I had "Fetch New Data" marked as Push. However when you click on "Fetch New Data", it will go to a screen that lists your email accounts. It was there that I noticed iCloud was set to Manual. I've now changed it to Push. Problem solved. Thanks for your input everyone.
    10-09-2013 12:02 PM
    Figured it out, and I feel rather silly for not noticing it before. Under Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars, I had "Fetch New Data" marked as Push. However when you click on "Fetch New Data", it will go to a screen that lists your email accounts. It was there that I noticed iCloud was set to Manual. I've now changed it to Push. Problem solved. Thanks for your input everyone.
    Great catch, and thank you for updating us. Take care...
    10-09-2013 12:06 PM
    OK.. So calender event entry notifications aren't working again. Checked the above - no luck. Any new suggestions?
    11-23-2014 01:30 PM