Safari Bookmarks

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
When I bookmark something in Safari, it displays a blank safari icon. Is this normal? It seems a little plain. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1381128380.996924.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe that's what gets displayed if a website hasn't designated an image to use for bookmarking.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, that isn't a bookmark but a "favorite". Bookmarks will show up in list form, while your "favorites" will show up as icons on the blank safari page.

Yeah, you're right. But why doesn't the favorites have any pictures on the blank safari page? I have about 7 favorites and they all don't have a picture; it seems very bland.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. But why doesn't the favorites have any pictures on the blank safari page? I have about 7 favorites and they all don't have a picture; it seems very bland.

It's up to a website to provide that image for iOS. Try some others like Gizmodo or iDownloadBlog for instance. Both have favorites icons.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's up to a website to provide that image for iOS. Try some others like Gizmodo or iDownloadBlog for instance. Both have favorites icons.

I remember when I used to not use bookmarks and instead would add websites to the homescreen...some websites had icons that would automatically generate (such as imore), while others would be a small pic of the current state of the page I was adding. Massie is correct.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I used to not use bookmarks and instead would add websites to the homescreen...some websites had icons that would automatically generate (such as imore), while others would be a small pic of the current state of the page I was adding. Massie is correct.

I'm just guessing, but that seems right. I actually much prefer the uniform "blank" icon to the haphazard collection of screenshots we had before!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711