Let's talk bluetooth!

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know where to put this one forum-wise. We have an iPad 4 and two iPhone 4S devices. We also have three Bluetooth devices (two car stereos and a home unit).

It doesn't matter what iOS device we're using or what device we're connecting to....the auto connect is fully unreliable and without pattern. Sometimes it connects perfectly and immediately. Other times you have to go into the iOS menu and select the device. The iPad only ever connects to the home unit and it's still a 50/50 proposition.

I'd just like to swipe up control center, hit Bluetooth, and have the device auto-connect to the device within range. There is only one receiver to connect to in every scenario. Am I missing something? Or is Bluetooth just flakey friggin technology?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Bluetooth can be flaky... I've had Garmin GPSrs that if I paired by letting the GPS find the phone, all would be well... but if I let the phone find the GPS, it wouldn't work right... then, the next time I went to use them... it would be the opposite...

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My 5 had trouble consistently connecting to my in-car Bluetooth when running iOS 6. Interestingly, it now consistently connects with IOS 7. WiFi, not so much...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My 5 had trouble consistently connecting to my in-car Bluetooth when running iOS 6. Interestingly, it now consistently connects with IOS 7. WiFi, not so much...

Yeah the wifi thing would bug me worse.

Wifi or Bluetooth, if it doesn't auto connect, it undermines the usefulness of the new control center.

AMosha

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's frustrating. I have a set of Bluebuds X's and a few iDevices. I typically don't have an issue with them connecting to my iPhone consistently and automatically until I I use the headset with another device. If only it would work just like WiFi does.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a blueant S4 in my car and I always have to power it down and back up to connect. I also have a device called a AirTurn which turns pages on a music reading app and that connects flawlessly every time. Most of the time it's the other device not the iPhone in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner