iOS 7 Calendar Month Grid with Agenda View, What happened to it???????

medicchop28

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I am huge fan of the native iOS calendar until iOS 7. What happened to the view where you saw a grid of the month on the top half of the screen with the agenda for the day selected on the bottom half of the screen?????????? This was the most used part of the native calendar for me. I see they have repalced it with a week selection grid at the top and the days agenda below it. I WANT TO SEE IT LIKE IT WAS! It is frustrating that they would take away a feature. Add the later that is fine but don't take away what was there especially from time management application such as calendar. I'm trying to force myself to get used to it but it is not going very well and I still miss the view we had with iOS for a very long time. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happened? How many are upset about this? Voice your opinion at Apple - Feedback and maybe they will somehow bring it back. However my experience with Apple is that they never bring anything back so I guess we are all stuck. I hate the thought of using (on a regular basis) a third party calendar app. Just doesn't make since I have a native app that 'works' fine but is missing functionality it had for a very long time (maybe since inception but i have only been on ios for 3 years, it's been there since I have been using it). Any thoughts on this or am I the only one in the world who was using that feature?

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I am frustrated with the new calendar changes as well. I did find that when in the month view and hitting the "search" magnifing flass icon it brings up a quick list to view some of the upcoming events. Hopefully they will find a happy medium and put back some familiar views.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Calendar app called "Tempo" and it's pretty nice.. it's as close to an iOS6 calendar as I've seen. it's free and Ally did a review on it (and other calendar apps) on iMore's main page. Check it out...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the iOS 7 calendar app... I must be one of the odd ones that like the design...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I HATE the new calendar as well. Someone told me that you can see the full calendar view by clicking on the Month in the upper LH area. This works and shows days with dots on them....but when you click a day to see what is saved there you are brought to the horrible hourly view. No split screen between the calendar and agenda which is by far the most functional way for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I HATE the new calendar as well. Someone told me that you can see the full calendar view by clicking on the Month in the upper LH area. This works and shows days with dots on them....but when you click a day to see what is saved there you are brought to the horrible hourly view. No split screen between the calendar and agenda which is by far the most functional way for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is the app I pasted link for above
e2evube6.jpg

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about calendar apps. I have my iPhone's calendar synced to my Outlook calendar. If I use a third party calendar app, will it continue to sync? In other words, if I add a calendar entry to the third party app, will it show up on my Outlook calendar?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Click back, and you get the month view, click the search button you get agenda. No big deal. Not sure why they made these unnecessary changes to the layout but there are other probably bigger problems in IOS 7. Don?t dwell on this one.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Click back, and you get the month view, click the search button you get agenda. No big deal. Not sure why they made these unnecessary changes to the layout but there are other probably bigger problems in IOS 7. Don?t dwell on this one.

I actually like this, but wish it were a little more intuitive. Even renaming it from "back" to either the month name, or "Month View" would be helpful.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I wanted to come ask for solutions too and saw this thread and realised I'm not alone. I'm forced to use Fantastical too which is a shame. I very much would prefer to use the stock calendar. Hoping for update to it.

Peggy N

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree. The pre-ios7 calendar was easy to view in an instant. Now we scroll, slide, and select the back button. Did a group of little kids design this and think its funny to have manual bells and whistles and levers for a calendar? Can't believe the "down" grade here. Hugely disappointing and has caused a lot of frustration. I'm with you- if I weren't so frustrated, I would cry.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

You can also click the search icon for agenda view from the daily view as well.

I agree about some unnecessary changes here and elsewhere. Some things that didn't seem broke were "fixed."

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. The pre-ios7 calendar was easy to view in an instant. Now we scroll, slide, and select the back button. Did a group of little kids design this and think its funny to have manual bells and whistles and levers for a calendar? Can't believe the "down" grade here. Hugely disappointing and has caused a lot of frustration. I'm with you- if I weren't so frustrated, I would cry.

check out Tempo then, like I said in an earlier post, it's about as close the stock IOS6 Calendar as you can get, and it' free. and it looks cool too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods