I have been noticing this more since the iOS update (but I can't swear that it never happened before that).

Sometimes, the 1 yr old iPhone runs warm, the battery depletes FAST (ATT LTE is on, usually some GPS app like Google Maps or Waze is running). When I plug it in to my PC, the battery indicator jumps up to what I think it should be (based on how ling the iPhone has been in use..).

Normal? Bad battery?

Aloke
    10-05-2013 12:54 PM
    Does NOT sound normal. Have you tried running it until it is dead, then plugging it in and letting it charge to 100%?
    10-05-2013 12:57 PM
    Does NOT sound normal. Have you tried running it until it is dead, then plugging it in and letting it charge to 100%?
    I did that once when I upgraded to iOS 7.
    I'm told that it is not good for Li ion batteries to deep discharge. The deep discharge and full charging was needed for NiMh batteries that have the memory effect (which was most pronounced in NiCd cells).
    The fact that the iphone runs warm tells me that some app is running abnormally in the background, drawing lots of power/current and throwing off the iOS battery management.
    Last edited by alokeprasad; 10-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    10-05-2013 01:50 PM
    I have been noticing this more since the iOS update (but I can't swear that it never happened before that).

Sometimes, the 1 yr old iPhone runs warm, the battery depletes FAST (ATT LTE is on, usually some GPS app like Google Maps or Waze is running). When I plug it in to my PC, the battery indicator jumps up to what I think it should be (based on how ling the iPhone has been in use..).

Normal? Bad battery?

Aloke
    Normal? No. Bad battery? It's possible. I'd put the device in DFU Mode and restore it, and then set it up as a new device.
    10-05-2013 02:27 PM
    Any way to load the latest firmware under the DFU mode and retain my email settings and apps?

Or will I have to re-install all apps and re-create all my email accounts?

Thanks
    10-07-2013 04:51 PM
    Any way to load the latest firmware under the DFU mode and retain my email settings and apps?

Or will I have to re-install all apps and re-create all my email accounts?

Thanks
    The latter.
    10-07-2013 11:05 PM

Normal? Bad battery?

Aloke
    Probably the GPS for Frequent Locations (Settings\Privacy\Location Services\System Services). It seemed like it was hitting it all the time for me (do they really need to know where I am when I'm listening to a podcast?) . The battery lasted longer when I turned that off.

Although you've got a lot of other GPS heavy apps running too that can be impacting it.
    10-08-2013 06:45 PM