Cheek Muting Issue

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The new In Call screen Mute button has a bad placement if the screen comes on when I have the phone to my cheek during a call it taps the mute button causing the obvious to happen

Anyone have this same issue?????

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read a couple of other posts about the same thing, but it's not an issue for me - at least not to this point...:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It’s not a problem for me, either... but my wife has the problem. I watched how she holds the phone against her ear and compared it to how I hold the phone. At the risk of restarting the whole "you're holding it wrong" meme, I think that is the issue.

My wife holds the phone against the side of her face, where her cheek can make contact with the various buttons - mute, speaker, facetime, etc. I hold the phone more against my ear with the rest of the phone slightly away from my cheek. It’s not something that either of us do consciously, it' s just how we hold the phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I do have a terrible **** Dial technic 😁

My worst habit is holding the phone with my shoulder while writing something down that's when it last happened but I do miss the old tight grouped setup from iOS 6. Having an LP Fre case doesn't help the proximity sensor knocking off either

Sent from my iPhone 5

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My screen (iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.2) goes off when I raise the phone to my ear. It then turns back on when I move it away from my ear.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My screen (iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.2) goes off when I raise the phone to my ear. It then turns back on when I move it away from my ear.

It's working as designed but some cases or as mention earlier in this thread phone to ear placement will cause the sensor to assume your phone isn't against your ear and the screen will turn on.

Wasn't a big issue for me in iOS 6 but I'm having a slight problem with the new iOS 7 icon placement when the screen turns on for whatever reason

Sent from my iPhone 5

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Some cases might cause this issue.. But anything else should not fault the function of the screen while on a call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73