What issues are you having with iOS 7?

zma15

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
battery life is worse.
iphone turns off when there is still 4 to 5 percent remaining.
when i turn on airplane and then turn if off, the iphone reboots.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
battery life is worse.
iphone turns off when there is still 4 to 5 percent remaining.
when i turn on airplane and then turn if off, the iphone reboots.
If you have the time, backup your device via iCloud and/or iTunes and then restore it, and set it up as a new device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I did not use the betas. When I updated to iOS 7 I did an over the air update from iOS 6. When I began having the issues I thought the update was bad or something so restored the phone and set it up as a new iPhone rather than from a backup. And as I said earlier right after setting up as a new phone the FIRST app I launched was the camera app...and it crashed.

Restore it again. Put the device in DFU mode prior to doing so.

Yptcn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My only problem is like a lot of people with iMessage . I just turn my phone off every morning and back on again , so I can deal with it until the next update .

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

1) I can't get find my friends "notify me" feature to work.
2) Two different times my music app has just started to play music. Both times the phone was in sleep mode. Luckly I was at home because the second time this happened it was a Selena Gomez song.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
An Irritant - in Videos, none of the thumbnails have the name of the vids they represent. Granted, these are not from the Apple Store so I don't know if that's the problem, but this was not an issue in iOS 4 > 6.

An Ongoing - I'm unable to connect to any Contacts via Facetime (via Wi-Fi). It dials out, connects, rings (usually 3 times) and then disconnects. The other side can see this connection and can go to answer it with same result. Others dialing in with same iOS experience same result. A Google shows this has been a long-term issue over a couple of years and there seems to be no definitive solution.

Really, Apple? - Still no ability to add an attachment (other than pic/video) from Mail, not even - noting their paranoia about access to program files - from those you may have in iCloud. Its not brain surgery. Heck even my old Palm TX - the device Apple ripped off (sorry, reverse engineered - sorry, 'reimagined') to create the Touch - allowed for attachments. Shouldn't need to go to a 3rd Party app to do a basic email task

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Tonight while trying to delete an email my 5S opened the maps app instead. I clicked on the trash can and the next thing I know I am looking at my last listed location.
I'm on 7.02 with no other problems but the imessage one.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
... Still no ability to add an attachment (other than pic/video) from Mail, not even - noting their paranoia about access to program files - from those you may have in iCloud. Its not brain surgery. Heck even my old Palm TX - the device Apple ripped off (sorry, reverse engineered - sorry, 'reimagined') to create the Touch - allowed for attachments. Shouldn't need to go to a 3rd Party app to do a basic email task

Is there a 3rd party app that will allow files to be attached to emails?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Many. Dropbox and many other file management apps.

But to my knowledge, I think only Documents to Go allows you to add multiple files to an email. Stupidly and counter-intuitively however, you must start an email in these 3rd Party apps - and to reply / forward to an email where an attachment would be helpful (and keeping the original email body) is a bodge job of cut/paste between Mail and the 3rd party app.

Sloppy.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
JTwo different times my music app has just started to play music. Both times the phone was in sleep mode. Luckly I was at home because the second time this happened it was a Selena Gomez song.

That's a bit scary thinking the your phone plays by itself. *creepy*
But i like since it's playing Selena Gomez song. hahaha. Come and get it? :p

newbiehere

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
All of my videos have lost their labels now. I only have a small photo with no title under it. For some reason, most of my home movies are in the movie section with no titles. The three videos that "landed" in home movies have titles still. Is there any way to correct this? I have a Lot of videos for training and now I can't locate anything.

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The only issues I'm having are the plethora of apps that still haven't been updated for iOS 7 despite having almost 4 months now to update the icon and add in the new iOS 7 keyboard (That's all I'm really asking at this point). So many apps still use the iOS 6 keyboard (I'm looking at you Google). I understand 4 months may not be enough to rebuild an app for iOS 7 but when the majority of updated apps are re-skins (with the likely hood of other apps being the same deal) this becomes quite annoying. Also those app developers from the likes of Google and Pandora who have updated their app for iOS 7 but haven't updated the keyboard.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Siri seems to be taking forever to register what I say on my 4s. Also random reboots here and there.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
In the last 2 days I've started experiencing crashes on my iPhone 5.

Crash 1 - Pulling down notification was very sluggish, when I tapped a notification the Apple logo appeared and it rebooted.
Crash 2 - Accessing voicemail, I went to voicemail and the phone became completely unresponsive. I was able to get to the home screen after several button pushes. I closed all apps and rebooted the phone myself. I then went back to voicemail and tried again, the Apple logo appeared on the screen and it rebooted.
Crash 3 - Swiped a text message notification on the lock screen, Apple logo appeared and it rebooted. Never even displayed my passcode.

Siri is quite slow to start listening for a command.

I can also enter at least 2 digits of my passcode before a single tap sound is played. That has been happening since iOS 7 was released.

siriami

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with Notes? I thought I had accidentally deleted a note when I was on holiday, but a couple of days ago I added a new note to test - it has since vanished! I have a 5S with 16GB - it's very strange, All my older notes seem to still be there, it's just recent ones that seem to vanish.
Alistair

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner