Calendar Doesn't Work Anymore; Battery Drain

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I was attempting to enter appointments as usual into my calendar. When I finished, a white bar appeared on my screen that I couldn't remove. I restarted my phone and all of my calendar appointments disappeared. Including every previous appointment ever made. Not only that but my battery life is half what it used to be since the upgrade to iO7. Upgrading to iO7(x) was a huge mistake. I consider this a major downgrade and I refuse to be forced into buying the new i5(anything) because of Apple's underhanded attempt to push sales through unethical trickery! Shame on you Apple Corp.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did your appointments ever re-appear on your device? If not, and if they are associated with an email service like iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etcetera then you should be in luck. Simply delete the account and then reconfigure it. Your calendar data should re-sync to your device. If you updated OTA (Over-the-Air), there's a possibility that something got corrupted. If you have made a backup of your device AND if you have the time, you might want to consider connecting your device to iTunes and then restoring it as a new device. Yes, it's time consuming and may be a bit of an inconvenience, but I think it's worth it when you're in pursuit of a stable user experience.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
'D are you using those Cliff Notes again...LOL just kidding, What a great answer and I hope one of them work for the OP. As far as he being a bit churned up, I think that is a bit too far. Apple could not control a situation that happened but there are always people here willing to help you or why post looking for help. Remember we are here to help.:)

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I "hit" download on my iphone 4 & Ipad 2 at the same time thinking it was just another normal benign upgrade. On both I have lost my entire camera roll. I maintain 2 calendars on each... Personal appts , the other is everything else. ( birthdays, social, etc) both were blank on each device. On my phone ... I might hit contacts... Facebook opens... Or anything else. My iPad 2 is loading pages at a crawl and the battery is beyond just being drained. It was dead this morning. I've had it plugged in all day and right now it's 9:41 PM and it's at 42 % !!!
Did the whole troubleshooting thing with Tech support for 4 hours. She did share most of Apples tech support dept at her location did not upgrade... And won't. IOS 7 is more software that an iPhone 4 and definitely an IPad 2 can accommodate . Apple is now sending me new devices for free.
But, with IOS 7 which I want no part of. If I had wanted a phone that had a " different look" than an iPhone or IPad .. I would have researched the many brands available and bought a "different look."
I was able to purchase an iPhone 4S IOS 6.1.3 on eBay . I will be purchasing an IPad 2 that has not been upgraded tonight. ( very pricy if they have not been upgraded)
My devices along with the ones Apple is sending will get sold to re-coup my money.
Love Apple products but this was an enormous , frustrating, and costly error. I IMMEDIATLY posted a warning to all my FB friends . I got most in time... They will remain with IOS 6.1.3

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
JAG-Although I appreciate your attempts at good humor, I disagree with your opinion that "Apple can't control a situation that happened..." It is only obvious that Apple Corp. wants to increase it's sales of the i5(x) and get people to move away from the i4(x) platform. Why else would they offer us an operating system upgrade to a phone that can't handle the expansion. I believe this to be underhanded, unethical and down right immoral. And I'm a Capitalist! But the difference is that I'm an honest and moral Capitalist!

I will attempt to get restitution and some form of replacement to a phone that I have used for everything! This phone that I'm using right now to type all of this...is useless.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73