Mail showing unread messages that I cannot find

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just yesterday I added a Yahoo mail account to my MBP, iPad and iPhone. Everything seemed to be working and syncing across devices, however, today I've noticed that my iPhone is showing 5 unread messages in my Yahoo account. When I go into my inbox on my phone there isn't anything new. In fact, when I go back and using the Mail app look at the Yahoo inbox exclusively, there is nothing there. I read and deleted those 5 emails on my MBP. I'm not sure how to get this working correctly. I cannot seem to get my mail app on my iPhone to recognize that those emails have been read and deleted. Any ideas?

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem as well this morning. When I completely closed the mail app by double tapping the home button and swiping up and then went back to the home screen the notification disappeared. I was also getting prompts to enter my yahoo email password even tho my mail was showing up in my inbox. I finally complied & so far so good. Wondering if something is going on with Yahoo. Don't know if you've tried rebooting your iPhone yet but that seems to help when I get little annoying issues as well. Sure hope you get it figured out.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah OK I didn't think of closing the app, I'll try that. I did reboot my phone though. Maybe it was a yahoo problem.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I get that a lot too, but just from deleting straight from my phone. Sometimes I just need to open mail up and let it sit a minute and fully re sync itself.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

Q64138

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's what worked for me.

Go to setting app
Go to mail, calendars,...
Select the email account if you have more than one
Slide email switch off
Force reboot device
Turn phone back on, then turn mail back on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro