Contacts merged then deleted after ios 7 update, any way to get them back?

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to help a family member out here...

2 people are sharing an Apple ID/iTunes account and after the ios 7 update the contacts were merged onto person A's device as well as person B's device thus they have each others contacts. Person A deleted the additional contacts which I'm gathering were saved on iCloud per the conversation I had with them and now person B doesn't have any contacts. They were also getting iMessages from the Mom & Dad to the daughters phone. I believe that can be fixed by turning OFF "use Apple ID for iMessage" - is that correct?

My solution (and I am open to suggestions or I wouldn't be posting here :) ) would be to get a new Apple ID set up for person A and continue to use the existing Apple ID for person B. Person A deleted the "new" contacts that were showing up from person B's contact list off her phone so I am not sure there is any way to get the contacts back from person B's phone. They would also need to setup iTunes Sharing to use multiple iDevices with 1 iTunes account - correct?

Hopefully all of that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated!

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
kch50428 - Excellent! When the daughter (person A) creates a new Apple ID for the iCloud account, she will lose contacts completely correct? I am thinking both of them will lose contacts since the mom (person B) had hers deleted already anyway.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When the daughter sets up her own iCloud... the should then go into the other shared account in the settings on the phone and turn off sync for mail and contacts... a message should pop up asking if she wants to delete contacts on the phone... she can say 'no' to that... and delete any contacts she doesn't want... and her contacts should sync to her iCloud

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73