Now that the entire screen can be used to slide to unlock the phone, the "slide to unlock" text on the bottom of the lock screen is absolutely unnecessary. It actually really clutters the lock screen and hinders the whole look of iOS 7. It takes up space from what would otherwise be more notifications, ruins the balance of the screen layout when the music controls are visible, and is just overall ugly.

I understand apple still needs to have it for people who don't know how to use the iPhone or need some more guidance, but why not at least have an option in settings to remove "slide to unlock" from the lock screen?! This really needs to be addressed ASAP.
    09-29-2013 06:25 AM
    Okay, but may I suggest using the Apple Feedback form?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-30-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    09-29-2013 08:56 AM
    Now that the entire screen can be used to slide to unlock the phone, the "slide to unlock" text on the bottom of the lock screen is absolutely unnecessary. It actually really clutters the lock screen and hinders the whole look of iOS 7. It takes up space from what would otherwise be more notifications, ruins the balance of the screen layout when the music controls are visible, and is just overall ugly.

I understand apple still needs to have it for people who don't know how to use the iPhone or need some more guidance, but why not at least have an option in settings to remove "slide to unlock" from the lock screen?! This really needs to be addressed ASAP.
    While I'd be glad to see it goit was always one if the first things I removed after jailbreakingit's really a minor detail, not something that really, absolutely, "hinders the whole look of iOS 7".
    09-29-2013 09:47 AM
    I personally don't like how they've changed that either. Also the "bubbles" for the slide to lock seem... Non bubbly.. More like a red block...
    09-29-2013 11:49 PM
    I personally don't like how they've changed that either. Also the "bubbles" for the slide to lock seem... Non bubbly.. More like a red block...
    Are you using the animated ones or the stills?
    09-29-2013 11:54 PM
    While it may not be necessary, I don't feel that it clutters the lock screen or "hinders" the whole look of iOS7 at all. But everyone has their own opinion. I don't even notice it anymore.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    09-30-2013 12:34 PM
    I look at slide to unlock now as a iOS design tag. Just part of the style
    stoneland likes this.
    09-30-2013 01:23 PM
    Are you using the animated ones or the stills?
    What do you mean?
    09-30-2013 01:24 PM
    While it doesn't bother me at all I can see how it might bother someone else. Doubt changing it will be up there on Apple's urgent to do list but who knows? Right now I'm curious to see how long it will take them to fill all the outstanding 5s orders. My son just ordered one & they said it would take 2-3 weeks.
    09-30-2013 01:33 PM
    What do you mean?
    The bubble wallpapers come in Dynamic and Still varieties (unless you're on an older device, in which case you only get stills). The Dynamic ones have moving bubbles.
    09-30-2013 02:28 PM
    Android shows a ripple when you first turn it on, grab the unlock handle, or tap outside of the lock handle. This is a good hint for UX. Apple could just implement a ripple of right facing arrows from left to right to hint at how to unlock. Then again, the text melts away into the lock screen as it is so I can't say the current state is very bad.
    09-30-2013 03:25 PM

I bet apple will get right on that!

Sent from somewhere.
    09-30-2013 04:48 PM
    I really just want apple to bring the slide to unlock sound back I hate that it does not make a sound when you unlock your phone
    09-30-2013 09:38 PM
    Guess I'm sol cause I have an iPhone 4.. Lol thx though
    09-30-2013 11:39 PM
    I really just want apple to bring the slide to unlock sound back I hate that it does not make a sound when you unlock your phone
    I've had an iPhone for 2 years and never knew it made a sound. Is there a functional reason you want this?
    10-01-2013 06:49 AM
    Is this what they call "first world problems"?
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    10-01-2013 07:42 AM
    I've had an iPhone for 2 years and never knew it made a sound. Is there a functional reason you want this?
    Every IOS version from the original iPhone to 6.1.3 made the click sound on both locking and unlocking the iPhone this is the only time it has not made the sound on unlocking.
    10-01-2013 08:31 AM
    Every IOS version from the original iPhone to 6.1.3 made the click sound on both locking and unlocking the iPhone this is the only time it has not made the sound on unlocking.
    So there's no functional reason then? You just like it?
    10-01-2013 10:02 AM
    So there's no functional reason then? You just like it?
    Not really just that I found it weird that it does not make the sound and it took some adjusting to get used to not hearing the sound cause I would have to do a double take to make sure the phone actually unlocked cause I use the pin lock as we'll and after entering the code it would make the sound to alert you that it unlocked but now it doesn't.
    10-01-2013 10:05 AM
    Yeah it seems a little weird to me too. I've double checked to make sure I haven't toggled sound off
    10-01-2013 11:55 AM
    Not really just that I found it weird that it does not make the sound and it took some adjusting to get used to not hearing the sound cause I would have to do a double take to make sure the phone actually unlocked cause I use the pin lock as we'll and after entering the code it would make the sound to alert you that it unlocked but now it doesn't.
    But if you're unlocking with a PIN, you're by definition looking at the screenyou'll see it unlock. Which is probably why Apple DID leave in the lock sound when putting a screen to sleepsomething many people do as they're looking away from or pocketing their phones, so there it serves a functional purpose.
    10-02-2013 12:10 AM
    A post I made from another thread about the unlock sound seems relevant here:

The sounds is kind of skeuophonic. Okay, that's probably not a word but think about it this way: if you're sliding a distinct plane away does it make sense for it to make a sound like a door unlocking? No not really. I imagine the conversation went like this:

"Well if we take out that sound how will users know their phone is unlocked?"
    "Probably because they can see their apps."
    "..."
    "Okay, go ahead and commit that."
    10-02-2013 11:07 AM
    A post I made from another thread about the unlock sound seems relevant here:
    I can understand that but why after 7 IOS updates did they decide it was not needed anymore it was something that I kinda got used to then it was gone and it was in the Betas but removed with the GM and Final release.
    10-03-2013 05:51 AM
    I can understand that but why after 7 IOS updates did they decide it was not needed anymore it was something that I kinda got used to then it was gone and it was in the Betas but removed with the GM and Final release.
    It was removed in iOS 7 beta 4... And the unlock sound was kind of redundant for me cause "I'm looking at the screen when I'm unlocking it, why do I have to be notified that I unlocked it when I can see it?" But for those that are blind they are going to have a hard time and apple should at least add it back in accessibility settings for those that need it or want it.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-03-2013 09:12 AM
    I agree...there are times I still look at my phone because I didn't hear the unlock click. Sometimes when walking, I will pull out my phone and swipe to unlock, but then do a double take because I didn't hear anything. It's not a big deal to me really, but something to get used to after having the unlock click for so long on iPhones.

For those who say it is not needed because you should be able to look at the phone and see your apps...I guess the same could be said for the lock noise. You could just look at your phone, see nothing, and know it is locked I guess.
    cctpitts01 likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:01 PM
27 12