"slide to unlock"

grujaz10

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that the entire screen can be used to slide to unlock the phone, the "slide to unlock" text on the bottom of the lock screen is absolutely unnecessary. It actually really clutters the lock screen and hinders the whole look of iOS 7. It takes up space from what would otherwise be more notifications, ruins the balance of the screen layout when the music controls are visible, and is just overall ugly.

I understand apple still needs to have it for people who don't know how to use the iPhone or need some more guidance, but why not at least have an option in settings to remove "slide to unlock" from the lock screen?! This really needs to be addressed ASAP.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that the entire screen can be used to slide to unlock the phone, the "slide to unlock" text on the bottom of the lock screen is absolutely unnecessary. It actually really clutters the lock screen and hinders the whole look of iOS 7. It takes up space from what would otherwise be more notifications, ruins the balance of the screen layout when the music controls are visible, and is just overall ugly.

I understand apple still needs to have it for people who don't know how to use the iPhone or need some more guidance, but why not at least have an option in settings to remove "slide to unlock" from the lock screen?! This really needs to be addressed ASAP.

While I'd be glad to see it go?it was always one if the first things I removed after jailbreaking?it's really a minor detail, not something that really, absolutely, "hinders the whole look of iOS 7".

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't like how they've changed that either. Also the "bubbles" for the slide to lock seem... Non bubbly.. More like a red block...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
While it may not be necessary, I don't feel that it clutters the lock screen or "hinders" the whole look of iOS7 at all. But everyone has their own opinion. I don't even notice it anymore.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
While it doesn't bother me at all I can see how it might bother someone else. Doubt changing it will be up there on Apple's urgent to do list but who knows? Right now I'm curious to see how long it will take them to fill all the outstanding 5s orders. My son just ordered one & they said it would take 2-3 weeks. :(

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Android shows a ripple when you first turn it on, grab the unlock handle, or tap outside of the lock handle. This is a good hint for UX. Apple could just implement a ripple of right facing arrows from left to right to hint at how to unlock. Then again, the text melts away into the lock screen as it is so I can't say the current state is very bad.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I bet apple will get right on that!

Sent from somewhere.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I really just want apple to bring the slide to unlock sound back I hate that it does not make a sound when you unlock your phone :(

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I really just want apple to bring the slide to unlock sound back I hate that it does not make a sound when you unlock your phone :(

I've had an iPhone for 2 years and never knew it made a sound. Is there a functional reason you want this?

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for 2 years and never knew it made a sound. Is there a functional reason you want this?

Every IOS version from the original iPhone to 6.1.3 made the click sound on both locking and unlocking the iPhone this is the only time it has not made the sound on unlocking.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
So there's no functional reason then? You just like it?

Not really just that I found it weird that it does not make the sound and it took some adjusting to get used to not hearing the sound cause I would have to do a double take to make sure the phone actually unlocked cause I use the pin lock as we'll and after entering the code it would make the sound to alert you that it unlocked but now it doesn't.