Problem w/my yahoo & gmail accts

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I updated the IOS7 I'm not able to send any emails at all. I can't get a connection is what it's saying. And yesterday when I tried to send a piece of mail it said this...

CANNOT SEND MAIL
The connection to the outgoing server "apple.smtp.yahoo.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars.

Now I need to also add that I'm not able to get any mail from either accounts for a few days now. At the bottom of Yahoo acct it says updated Wednesday.

I don't know how to fix this...does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance 🙏
Doreen

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You may have to delete the accounts and re-add them. I had this happen for a few customers trying to setup yahoo accounts. That should work for you. If it doesn't you could always add the official yahoo and gmail apps although I know this may not be an ideal situation

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
OMGoodness. I'm not sure I remember how to do that. LOL ugh and I just added my gmail acct to my yahoo acct before this new IOS7 came out too. Figures right�� Well considering I just woke up and don't want to screw things up I'll do this in a min when I have my choc milk & smoke and let you how it went.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: the above - Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts > Yahoo > Delete Account (Then I do a 'hard reboot' - home/power button together until Apple Icon shows up - just to tidy things up in the background). Then go back to same location to Add Account back.

That all said, I've given up on Mail entirely (except for Apple's own useless @me account) and have installed both the Yahoo and Gmail apps as better-featured alternatives. Each account is for a different purpose, so it all works just fine for me. Mail has gone into my 'Junk Drawer' folder with most of the rest of Apple's built-in apps.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get my yahoo account back up and running with no problems at all. But Gmail is giving me a real hard time with this...UGH

UPDATE: After I deleted my gmail acct. for the 4th time and I shut my iPhone down as Bazza1 suggested "hard reboot" I was able to get my gmail acct to work. My only problem is that it isn't called or named Gmail is named @DoeZ0763@gmail.com Now I honestly don't know how I did that but can anyone tell me how I fix this?:confused:

Last edited:

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No I don't use that one. I added my gmail acct to my mail accts. It was pretty easy actually and I like that fact that I don't have another app in my iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2