App Store icon missing

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the 4s section.

Just installed 7.0.2 on my wife's 4s, worked fine but many apps are missing and the App Store Icon is gone. When I double click the home button, the app store shows as an open application but, still no icon on the home screen. I thought I'd ask for help before I did anything to make it worse.
Thanks

Disregard, it and all the other missing icons just showed up while I was staring at the screen. Weird but everything seems to work fine after a quick check.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Posting it here is a good location. Have you tried resetting the iPhone? Some times this helps fix problems like this.

Edit: I see Keith beat me to this advice already, lol. :p

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the 4s section.

Just installed 7.0.2 on my wife's 4s, worked fine but many apps are missing and the App Store Icon is gone. When I double click the home button, the app store shows as an open application but, still no icon on the home screen. I thought I'd ask for help before I did anything to make it worse.
Thanks

Disregard, it and all the other missing icons just showed up while I was staring at the screen. Weird but everything seems to work fine after a quick check.

If this happens in the future, simply launch Spotlight search (swipe down on any app page) and type the name of the app that you are looking for. The resulting list will show you what folder it’s in, if it’s hiding somewhere:

Attachments

• IMG_1806.PNG
    IMG_1806.PNG
    487.1 KB · Views: 10

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas!:yes: Before upgrade she had 2.5 pages of icons. After update 1 full page, second page had one icon and the rest were missing. Did the reboot and no improvement. Didn't think of Spotlight (thanks) but, double click of home button would show it and other missing apps as open. Finally panicked thinking of all the ways the wife would kill me for screwing up her phone and posted here. Less than a minute after submitting post, I was staring at the almost empty second page and each of the missing icons started to appear. First time I selected one, nothing happened, second time it worked. Tried each of the icons and all worked fine. The order was all jumbled up after the upgrade but she only grumbled a couple of minutes about having to rearrange them so I live to see another day.:D
Now I'm afraid to update my daughter's 4s....once bitten, twice shy
Thanks for the quick replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2