How to put phone to sleep in iOS7

ldevere

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded iOS7 onto my iPhone 4 last week. The way it chews through my battery life is incredible! I have gone into settings and shut a lot of things down to prolong battery life, but the biggest user is the screen which doesn't turn off as it used to in iOS6. Is there a way to get this version to go into sleep mode automatically?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It goes into sleep mode automatically. You simply cannot set a timeframe for it. Just tap on the Power button to turn off the display.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It goes into sleep mode automatically. You simply cannot set a timeframe for it. Just tap on the Power button to turn off the display.

That's funny because you can set it on the iPad. But, yeah, it's pretty easy to push the power button.

ldevere

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Karen. I somehow thought 'Auto-Lock' meant something else. Setting Preferences on my iMac uses different terms and I was looking for those.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This to me, is hilarious. I can get a little OCD when it comes to electronics so I go through every single feature of a phone (or OS upgrade) when I first get it and click on every single clickable thing I could find, in order to see what it does and how the whole system works. I can't imaging missing the auto-lock part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice