Is there anyway of shutting them off or better yet deleting them? I'm getting a bumch of them and I click onto one and the link just comes right back and I can not seem to find where I can delete them. Any help would be very much welcomed. I think I need to disconnect my twitter account from the Safari Browser.
    Thanks,
    Vinny
    Last edited by fightcrazy; 09-27-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    09-27-2013 04:33 PM
    Not sure if this is what your looking for, but I came across this for ya. Hopefully this will answer your question.
    clear shared links on safari ios7
    fightcrazy and Oliver Sheehy like this.
    09-27-2013 07:48 PM
    Thanks, the only problem I do not have an IPad connected to my account and that was their way to disconnect Twitter from the Safari Browser. Disconnect the ipad account was their way of eliminating Shared Links.
    I guess that is the way to accomplish what I want to do, disconnect twitter from the safari browser. How do I do that???

thank you for helping
    Vinny
    09-27-2013 08:03 PM
    I found another article for you that specifies shared links on iOS. it's from idownload blog. Here's what I quoted from the article for you-

The iOS version of Shared Links is bare bones, it allows you to open the link, pull to refresh all links, and that’s about it
    And here's the link for that full article:
    iOS 7 the ultimate safari guide

Hopefully someone that knows how to do what your looking for, will post here to help you out
    fightcrazy likes this.
    09-27-2013 08:51 PM
    You are very kind, thank you very much. Hopefully someone will come to my rescue. Thanks again for all your help.
    This is a great forum with great people,
    Vinny
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-27-2013 09:15 PM
    You are very kind, thank you very much. Hopefully someone will come to my rescue. Thanks again for all your help.
    This is a great forum with great people,
    Vinny
    Thank you, and your welcome !! iMore is "thee" place to be hope you get your issue resolved soon
    09-27-2013 09:17 PM
    The only way that I know of to remove the shared Twitter links in Safari is to delete the twitter account from Settings>Twitter
    fightcrazy likes this.
    09-27-2013 09:34 PM
    The only way that I know of to remove the shared Twitter links in Safari is to delete the twitter account from Settings>Twitter
    Thanks, I think you are right. I was hoping there was a setting to only allow certain Links to share in the Browser. Im still searching.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-28-2013 08:16 AM
    Out of curiosity, why do you want to delete them? Since they are in their own section, you wouldn't ever see them unless you specifically looked in Shared Links in the first place.
    09-28-2013 09:22 AM
    Out of curiosity, why do you want to delete them? Since they are in their own section, you wouldn't ever see them unless you specifically looked in Shared Links in the first place.
    I wanted to shut if off because at the time I didn't realize that the Shared Links come and go as with your Twitter Links. I wasn't sure if all that data just kept getting stored into the phone. Am I right in assuming that the data in the Shared Links in the Safari Browser does delete itself as time progresses? I just wasn't sure how it worked and still really not sure. I've been told the data is a self deleting file. Can you help me out and explaining if that is true. Coming from Android I just want to understand how that worked. Maybe I am just being anal about it but I hate not knowing what goes on with my phone. Thanks for any help you could throw my way.
    Thanks Again, Vinny
    09-28-2013 04:28 PM
    I'm guessing that the links are just that: links. It isn't storing a ton of data (likely there is much, much, more in a single photo than in all the Shared Links list). I don't know the exact details but honestly I wouldn't worry about them. Think of it like this: when you do a Google search, all the resulting links aren't stored on your phone.
    fightcrazy likes this.
    09-28-2013 04:44 PM
    I'm guessing that the links are just that: links. It isn't storing a ton of data (likely there is much, much, more in a single photo than in all the Shared Links list). I don't know the exact details but honestly I wouldn't worry about them. Think of it like this: when you do a Google search, all the resulting links aren't stored on your phone.
    Thanks for explaining, I just like to understand the OS and how thing work. This is a great forum to be part of.
    Thanks again, Vinny
    09-28-2013 04:59 PM
    You are right, Massie. They are just a rolling display of links to mostly reading material that your tweeps have sharing in their tweets. The only thing from them that appear to be saved to your device is the cache/history from the page you visited when you clicked on a link. Of course, we can easily delete the history via the device settings.
    09-28-2013 05:08 PM
    Thanks, I think you are right. I was hoping there was a setting to only allow certain Links to share in the Browser. Im still searching.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're very welcome, and there is no such setting -- at least not from what I can tell.
    09-28-2013 05:10 PM