Good bye Iphone

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Are we done here?

I expect any user to treat the forum community with respect. Stating negative comments about this forum adds nothing.

I hope this does not continue.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, I have been meaning to ask you about your icon....that is a very diverse mix of teams there!

Devils - Stumbled into being a fan of the Devils and the NHL. Several years ago I was dealing with cancer and spent a lot of time laying in bed. I started listening to WFAN on the phone I had at the time because I the hosts were entertaining, they would talk baseball in the middle of winter, and callers to the were hilarious. One evening a Devils broadcast came on and, even though I had never followed hockey, I started listening to it thinking it would be a diversion. Long story short, I became hooked on Devils hockey and the NHL.

Chiefs - I was born and lived the first part of my life (195X-1991) in Kansas City. Grew up a Chiefs fan and even though I moved to Utah 20+ years ago, I've remained a loyal fan. I'm really enjoying this season so far!

Rockies - Major League Baseball has always been my favorite sport and was one of the things I missed when I moved to Utah. When the Rockies came into existence in 1993 their games were broadcast on Salt Lake TV and I started watching them. Gradually became a fan and I've stuck with them through the ups and downs.

Jazz - NBA ranks 4th on my list of favorite sports, but living where I do it is hard not to have a least a casual interest in the Utah Jazz.

I like your avatar; Flyers combined with a Mike Schmidt era Phillies one. Very nice!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Devils - Stumbled into being a fan of the Devils and the NHL. Several years ago I was dealing with cancer and spent a lot of time laying in bed. I started listening to WFAN on the phone I had at the time because I the hosts were entertaining, they would talk baseball in the middle of winter, and callers to the were hilarious. One evening a Devils broadcast came on and, even though I had never followed hockey, I started listening to it thinking it would be a diversion. Long story short, I became hooked on Devils hockey and the NHL.

Chiefs - I was born and lived the first part of my life (195X-1991) in Kansas City. Grew up a Chiefs fan and even though I moved to Utah 20+ years ago, I've remained a loyal fan. I'm really enjoying this season so far!

Rockies - Major League Baseball has always been my favorite sport and was one of the things I missed when I moved to Utah. When the Rockies came into existence in 1993 their games were broadcast on Salt Lake TV and I started watching them. Gradually became a fan and I've stuck with them through the ups and downs.

Jazz - NBA ranks 4th on my list of favorite sports, but living where I do it is hard not to have a least a casual interest in the Utah Jazz.

I like your avatar; Flyers combined with a Mike Schmidt era Phillies one. Very nice!

Thanks man! As you can tell, I am a die hard Philly sports guy (except for basketball...I was HUGE into the NBA as a kid in the early 90s, but not anymore).

1. Although I do not like the Devils (Flyers fan...no choice!), the NHL is probably my favorite league. I'm sorry to hear about your battle, hope you're doing well now, and glad you were able to get into such a great sport!

2. The Chiefs are looking good! I'm glad...good for you guys. And good for andy reid; although I did think we needed a change in Philly, I am glad to see him do well. He was a great coach (still is) and I wish him and your team the best!

3. I can still remember The Big Cat blasting long balls out of the stadium in Colorado. Haha.

4. I miss the old Stockton/Malone combination! THAT is the NBA I loved...too bad it's not the same anymore

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man! As you can tell, I am a die hard Philly sports guy (except for basketball...I was HUGE into the NBA as a kid in the early 90s, but not anymore).

1. Although I do not like the Devils (Flyers fan...no choice!), the NHL is probably my favorite league. I'm sorry to hear about your battle, hope you're doing well now, and glad you were able to get into such a great sport!

I'm not a Flyers fan but I don't dislike them like I do the Rangers and Pens. Thanks for the well wishes. I've been cancer free for a little more than five years!

It is because of the Devils and NHL that I am an iPhone owner. At one time I was total BlackBerry guy. I would defend BB to any iOS user who tried to convince me their iPhone was in any way superior to my BlackBerry. I was due for an upgrade in November 2011 and had every intention of getting what was then the new Bold 9930. However, there was no NHL GameCenter app available for the device. I emailed the NHL I received a reply that said they weren't going to release a BlackBerry app for the 2011 season. Reluctantly I left BlackBerry for the iPhone 4s. It only took a few hours of owning the 4s to make me realize it was a far superior device.

2. The Chiefs are looking good! I'm glad...good for you guys. And good for andy reid; although I did think we needed a change in Philly, I am glad to see him do well. He was a great coach (still is) and I wish him and your team the best! 3. I can still remember The Big Cat blasting long balls out of the stadium in Colorado. Haha 4. I miss the old Stockton/Malone combination! THAT is the NBA I loved...too bad it's not the same anymore

The Chiefs made a good hire with Reid and I agree it was time for he and the Eagles to part ways.

A few seasons ago, The Big Cat played for the Salt Lake AAA team trying to get back to MLB with the Angels. It was fun seeing him play in person!

I miss Stockton/Malone too.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a Flyers fan but I don't dislike them like I do the Rangers and Pens. Thanks for the well wishes. I've been cancer free for a little more than five years!

It is because of the Devils and NHL that I am an iPhone owner. At one time I was total BlackBerry guy. I would defend BB to any iOS user who tried to convince me their iPhone was in any way superior to my BlackBerry. I was due for an upgrade in November 2011 and had every intention of getting what was then the new Bold 9930. However, there was no NHL GameCenter app available for the device. I emailed the NHL I received a reply that said they weren't going to release a BlackBerry app for the 2011 season. Reluctantly I left BlackBerry for the iPhone 4s. It only took a few hours of owning the 4s to make me realize it was a far superior device.

The Chiefs made a good hire with Reid and I agree it was time for he and the Eagles to part ways.

A few seasons ago, The Big Cat played for the Salt Lake AAA team trying to get back to MLB with the Angels. It was fun seeing him play in person!

I miss Stockton/Malone too.

Its funny you say that you switched because of the NHL Game Center app...a year or two ago I had a Samsung Focus (Windows device) that I was using to try something new, and the one thing that drove me crazy was not having basically ANY legit sports apps. I love ESPN ScoreCenter because of the notifications, and every app I had for the Focus (sports-wise) wasn't good.

Sorry kch...back on topic....

OP...enjoy whatever platform you choose!

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
i'v been a iphone customer sens iphone 2g..

after IOS 7 its good bye..iphone getting worse and worse and this last IOS ruin iphone so hard..
they trid but faild hard, real hard..

i got 6 month payment left on my last iphone, after that im gonna give it away to someone in the family..
im going for samsung ;)

the only way apple is gonna win and still have me as a customer if they chance back the look of the earlyer look..
and remove the theme of IOS 7 and fire that worker who made this ugly theme..

This is your first post. How do we not know whether you're a troll paid by Samsung?

Mod change thread title to reflect topic.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <----when you have money to throw around

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
In comparison to iOS6, iOS7 is a more modern approach. It adds functionality and stands out more.

There is nothing that makes it 'worse', just different. It's not worse, it is better.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As someone who has spent entirely too much money going from the iPhone to the latest and greatest Samsung or Android device ultimately to rreturn I can say you will be back. People can fuss and moan about the look of iOS7 but at the end of the day it Apple, the iPhone and it's OS works. I loved my S4 and Note3 but I got tired of the lag and the cumbersome feel of both devices. I think about how I like to access my camera at a moments notice and not have to go into an app drawer to launch an app. I think another thing too is that I hated that I had to install another launcher to make my device usable.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Have a safe journey.

I wonder how he will feel when he finds out the Samsung has a lot of bugs.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let's not forget that there are a lot of people who do not prefer Apple products or appreciate them in the same manner as many of us do, and that's okay. If Samsung products or any other non-Apple device is what they prefer or works best for them, more power to 'em.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's not forget that there are a lot of people who do not prefer Apple products or appreciate them in the same manner as many of us do, and that's okay. If Samsung products or any other non-Apple device is what they prefer or works best for them, more power to 'em.

I've used both android and iOS and even though android suits me better I use iOS instead cause I find it more stable and easier to use when I haven't had any coffee in the morning yet :D

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro