Anyone else having an issue where imessage isn't working for everyone? It works for some but not others?? I've tried shutting it off and turning it back on, but haven't flat out erased settings just yet.
    09-27-2013 01:28 PM
    Anyone else having an issue where imessage isn't working for everyone? It works for some but not others?? I've tried shutting it off and turning it back on, but haven't flat out erased settings just yet.
    The obvious question is "are the contacts for which it doesn’t work also using iOS devices?".

What happens when you try to iMessage them? Do you get an option to send the message as a text message?

I’m on 7.0.2 as well, and I am not having any issues....
    09-27-2013 01:31 PM
    Yes, this is specific to known iphone users. In fact I've asked them if they're seeing the same thing on their end and they're saying yes but they haven't experienced this issue with anyone else but me. It automatically sends as a text, and doesn't even attempt to send as an iMessage.
    09-27-2013 01:55 PM
    Just a wild guess and this may not help, but it could be that your network connectivity is degraded in some way...just guessing though.
    09-28-2013 08:55 PM
    Bartender!

Sent from somewhere.
    09-28-2013 09:50 PM
    Yes, this is specific to known iphone users. In fact I've asked them if they're seeing the same thing on their end and they're saying yes but they haven't experienced this issue with anyone else but me. It automatically sends as a text, and doesn't even attempt to send as an iMessage.
    Erase your conversation then hard reset your phone when it boots up try texting again
    09-28-2013 10:04 PM
    This has been happening to me a bit, lately. iMessages will immediately fail. I'll try to resend and they fail again. I have just resorted to sending them as texts and haven't tried to fix it.
    09-29-2013 08:46 AM
    Fausty82 : good point. I just realised 2 of my main former iMessage friends recently changed phones to samsung. Thanks for helping me figure that out. Simple really!!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-10-2014 08:54 AM
    Wow this is just baffling to me, especially when i'm all about mac, i'm having the same problem i have iPhone 5 my girl has iPhone 5c both with IOS 8 update, what baffles me is she can iMessage me but i can't iMessage her on my iPhone . but i can iMessage her from iPad whats going on same network WIFI.

Please help.
    09-26-2014 05:23 PM